Rattle coming from front passenger door ~ 2017 CX-5

I completely understand your frustration...I am in the same boat and the dealer is also no help at least in my case in this situation.

Hye. I had the exact same issue you described. I took it to the dealer and they tested it. They found that it was a wire under the seat not in the door. Ask the dealer to check under the seat. Mine has no issues now.

Hye. I had the exact same issue you described. I took it to the dealer and they tested it. They found that it was a wire under the seat not in the door. Ask the dealer to check under the seat. Mine has no issues now.

Probably to do with either power movement or heating of the seat

According to Mazda designers “Jinba Ittai embodies the idea of perfect harmony”. Well when it rattles and all kind of noises come from everyware even before the first oil change, where is harmony in that?.

According to Mazda designers “Jinba Ittai embodies the idea of perfect harmony”. Well when it rattles and all kind of noises come from everyware even before the first oil change, where is harmony in that?.

Jinba Ittai is the exact rattling sound that comes from my sunroof when the blind is open ;-)

Not sure if this has been mentioned, because I don't have some to look through this entire thread, but I heard the rattling for the first time yesterday and I think it was due to Auto Hold being on. I never drive with Auto Hold on and I did the other day and heard the rattle. As soon as I turned Auto Hold off the rattling stopped.

Not sure if this has been mentioned, because I don't have some to look through this entire thread, but I heard the rattling for the first time yesterday and I think it was due to Auto Hold being on. I never drive with Auto Hold on and I did the other day and heard the rattle. As soon as I turned Auto Hold off the rattling stopped.

Auto Hold button rattles when engaged?

That doesn't sound right (uhm)

AUTO HOLD only engages when the vehicle is at a complete stop.

Its weird that an illuminated light can cause rattles...hmmm and the switch is a push button type so has only one position for OFF and ON.... I think there is something missing here.

Mine is definitely related to the brakes, but not specifically autohold... it can occur whether autohold is on or off.

Maybe its the surrounding housing of the auto button that's rattling (uhm)

Auto Hold button rattles when engaged?

He didn't say or even imply that it was the button itself that might be causing the noise.

He didn't say or even imply that it was the button itself that might be causing the noise.

Because the Auto Hold button itself was not mentioned by OP, question was asked about the Auto Hold button in order to try and help to narrow down the source of the rattle/noise.

Last edited:
I said this near the beginning of this thread, under that cover on the side of the passenger seat there are cables and wires, it is most likely one of them vibrating on the plastic as you go over bumps or choppy roads.

I think mine is making the same noise under the driver side cover.

Back