Rattle coming from front passenger door ~ 2017 CX-5

:
CX-5 Touring
I've had my new CX-5 for a couple weeks, and I've began noticing a rattle coming form the, front, passenger door whenever I hit a bump. My car is empty, there's absolutely nothing inside it that can be causing this noise. Has anyone else experienced this? Any recommendations on how to get rid of this horrific noise?

I've had my new CX-5 for a couple weeks, and I've began noticing a rattle coming form the, front, passenger door whenever I hit a bump. My car is empty, there's absolutely nothing inside it that can be causing this noise. Has anyone else experienced this? Any recommendations on how to get rid of this horrific noise?

I have this rattle as well, it's coming from under the passenger seat belt shroud, it's a wire or something rattling , I tilted my seat way back so it touched the passanger seat and put it back to the original position, then the noise seemed to go away. A few weeks later I heard it again but then it went away on its own. I also had this same problem on the same seat in my 2017 Camaro SS, I ended up removing that plastic cover and taping a wire loom with special rattle squeak tape and that fixed it

Nothing in the door pocket (scratch)

Nothing in sunglass holder:
Sun visor in click position:
Nothing in door pocket:

Still rattling:

(headbang)

Those are all the "freebies" I know of so far... It can be frustrating tracking down and locating noises in the cabin because of the way sounds reflect strangely.

Does it do it with a person in the passenger seat?
Do it both window up and window down?
Are there a few places maybe where you can drive, and it will do it on demand, maybe you can have another person drive while you ride in passenger seat while driving thru these areas?

Could be something else, easy for sounds to bounce off glass and mask their true location. Also check the seat belt latch's positioning.

Nothing in sunglass holder:
Sun visor in click position:
Nothing in door pocket:

Still rattling:

Hmm... could also be the window itself. Try getting the passenger to push against it if the noise occurs when closed or to hold it if it occurs when opened

The only rattle I'm getting is coming from the drivers side a pillar by the tweeter area. I only get the rattle when the temperature reads 68-69 degrees. Anything before or after that will be okay. I took the weather strip off and looked under the cover by the side airbags and just stuck some felt tape in random places and that seems to have lessen the rattle.

I think I have same rattle as mentioned by OP, I think it's a wire or something rattling from front passanger side whenever I hit a bump, have no idea where exactly it is coming from. Took it to dealer but, they could not locate the source of a noise/rattle.

Checked in following places for noise/rattle.

• Nothing in sunglass holder
• Sun visor in up/closed position
• Nothing in door pockets
• Nothing under front/back armrest.
• Nothing in the trunk,

Still rattling

I think I have same rattle as mentioned by OP, I think it's a wire or something rattling from front passanger side whenever I hit a bump, have no idea where exactly it is coming from. Took it to dealer but, they could not locate the source of a noise/rattle.

Checked in following places for noise/rattle.

• Nothing in sunglass holder
• Sun visor in up/closed position
• Nothing in door pockets
• Nothing under front/back armrest.
• Nothing in the trunk,

Still rattling

Might have to remove door cover and have a look inside.

Not sure, they just told me they took it off and did not find anything that would cause the noise. I will ask the dealer.

Can you have someone drive while you sit on the passenger side and look for it? Keep in mind that noises sound like they are coming from one place but can really be from somewhere else. My wife's car had some air vent components replaced and there was a rattle coming from the dash cowl area that I swore was a result of that. When she finally drove and let me move around trying to pinpoint it I actually found out the rear view mirror was loose and the rattle was echoing off the dash making it seem like that's where it's coming from.

Can you have someone drive while you sit on the passenger side and look for it? Keep in mind that noises sound like they are coming from one place but can really be from somewhere else. My wife's car had some air vent components replaced and there was a rattle coming from the dash cowl area that I swore was a result of that. When she finally drove and let me move around trying to pinpoint it I actually found out the rear view mirror was loose and the rattle was echoing off the dash making it seem like that's where it's coming from.

Did that, I think that it is noise originating under front passenger seat ( in MHO), mentioned this to dealer and dealer said that that they checked under front passenger seat and could not pinpoint the noise source to that location. Dealer recommends for me to leave the car at the dealer over night for them to remove front dash, front and back seats to look for noise/rattle but I relay do not feel comfortable with the dealer taking the car apart, maybe I will try another dealer and if they tell me the same thing then I guess I will have to put up with a rattle and turn the radio louder wile driving (uhm):):.

Back