Rattle coming from front passenger door ~ 2017 CX-5

FWIW, I too (@ 7300 miles) have a rattle that sounds like it's coming from the front passenger side door. Sounds like insulated wire vibrating against metal.

Anyone else with reasonable mileage suffering from rattles (uhm)

Anyone else with reasonable mileage suffering from rattles (uhm)

I have 3,500 miles in my CX-5, and I hear rattles all over the place. The first rattle come from the driver door. I think I figured the root of this rattle when I hold or set the lock-unlock switch in the middle the door does not rattle. Also, there is a rattle coming from the dash. Where the hazard switch is at the panel below the vents tends to rattle with minimal imperfections in the street. Holding it slightly stops that part from rattling. The last rattle is from the transmission gear lever. If I hold the plastic panel where the leather meets the plastic, the rattle stops. I am extremely frustrated because this car went from being a smooth quite ride filled with compliments, to rattles here and rattles there.

I have 3,500 miles in my CX-5, and I hear rattles all over the place. The first rattle come from the driver door. I think I figured the root of this rattle when I hold or set the lock-unlock switch in the middle the door does not rattle. Also, there is a rattle coming from the dash. Where the hazard switch is at the panel below the vents tends to rattle with minimal imperfections in the street. Holding it slightly stops that part from rattling. The last rattle is from the transmission gear lever. If I hold the plastic panel where the leather meets the plastic, the rattle stops. I am extremely frustrated because this car went from being a smooth quite ride filled with compliments, to rattles here and rattles there.

I completely understand your frustration...I am in the same boat and the dealer is also no help at least in my case in this situation.

I completely understand your frustration...I am in the same boat and the dealer is also no help at least in my case in this situation.

Yup! It is annoying and frustrating. At this point, I just smack everything since the dealer is not trying to help!

Sadly I have developed some rattles at about 57.5k miles on my 2014.

I have observed the following:

1. Passenger side, have identified it as the seat, possibly the plastic on the side of the seat. If I press my hand down on the seat, or hold the plastic on the side of the seat, the rattle stops.
2. Intermittently, drivers side A-pillar seems to have developed a rattle. Not always, but definitely enough to start bothering me.
3. Less often, something coming from the back, probably around the liftgate. I have not identified exactly where for this one.

Sadly I have developed some rattles at about 57.5k miles on my 2014.

I have observed the following:

1. Passenger side, have identified it as the seat, possibly the plastic on the side of the seat. If I press my hand down on the seat, or hold the plastic on the side of the seat, the rattle stops.

Put something to wedge the plastic on the side of the seat to stop it

2. Intermittently, drivers side A-pillar seems to have developed a rattle. Not always, but definitely enough to start bothering me.

Give it a small wack with your hand to see if it puts what ever is rattling back in place

3. Less often, something coming from the back, probably around the liftgate. I have not identified exactly where for this one.

Make sure no strips/decals are loose

Put something to wedge the plastic on the side of the seat to stop it

I just went out to look at it again, and honestly, it looks kinda broken.

Give it a small wack with your hand to see if it puts what ever is rattling back in place

Did that. Stops for a while then comes back.

Make sure no strips/decals are loose

Good call, will do!

(thumb)

I just went out to look at it again, and honestly, it looks kinda broken.

Get it replaced and problem solved!

Did that. Stops for a while then comes back.

Hmm... if memory serves there should be a small "patch" that says SRS airbag or words to that effect. Maybe it is the source of the rattle (uhm)

Good call, will do!

(thumb)

Hope its something like that and you can fix it :D

Get it replaced and problem solved!

Hmm... if memory serves there should be a small "patch" that says SRS airbag or words to that effect. Maybe it is the source of the rattle (uhm)

Hope its something like that and you can fix it :D

Thanks for the advice and will check it out.

Yeah will get the seat looked at.

Thin plastic comes with weight reduction practices. It gets more brittle and also creaks more when the temps drop.

My 2014 3 HB only rattled in cold weather. But my 2016 CX5 had like 4 or 5 rattles all year long.

My 2005 6 never had any rattles or creaks.

Maybe the interior needs a constant temperature controlled environment to stop the rattles.

Back