Rattle coming from front passenger door ~ 2017 CX-5

I was able to fix the buzzing/rattling sound from my a pillar by the tweeters. I pulled the weather strip out so I can access the inside, I then just cut up a tiny piece from an old tshirt and rolled it up and shoved it inside so to make things sit tight against each other. So far that seems to have stopped the sound on mine.

What type of noise is it? like squeaking, rattling.

Do you hear it when going over big bumps on a potholes in high speed / low speed,

or you hear it on a smooth road going over small imperfection like a repaired patch work on a road in high / low speed. Does it sound like two plastic components hitting or a wire on plastic I will send the pictures of the duct soon. try these to see its not these suspects.

1. Push as hard as you can with your Right leg and Right hand together on the console in the direction of the arrows. To eliminate the console. Do in speeds less than 40mph slower the better.

2. After that secure the Seat belt passenger side and go over the bump the slowest speed you think you will hear the rattle. to eliminate the seat belt.

3. I will show the duct after I get access to it. You need to be a little flexible and need flash light to take that picture under the Glove box.
attachment.php
attachment.php

It is rattling noise.

I hear it in low speeds less then 50mph, when driving on road imperfections like road repaired patch.

Rattling sounds like wire hitting on plastic, or something else in MHO.

I have also did the steps 1 and 2, you have mentioned and the rattling was still happening and it seamed to me that it was not coming from the middle console or the seat belt on passenger side.

It is rattling noise.

I hear it in low speeds less then 50mph, when driving on road imperfections like road repaired patch.

I have also did the steps 1 and 2, you have mentioned and the rattling was still happening and it seamed to me that it was not coming from the middle console or the seat belt on passenger side.

Check the seat belt latch thats next to the center console. I had a rattle I could never pin point and sounded as though it was coming from the passenger door, but it turns out that if the seat belt latch is pushed forward the red plastic release button vibrates enough to cause a rattling noise. I keep the seat belt latch pulled up vertical and it doesnt make the noise. hope this helps.

It is rattling noise.

Maybe its from something under the CX-5 (uhm)

I've had my new CX-5 for a couple weeks, and I've began noticing a rattle coming form the, front, passenger door whenever I hit a bump. My car is empty, there's absolutely nothing inside it that can be causing this noise. Has anyone else experienced this? Any recommendations on how to get rid of this horrific noise?

More thoughts to keep you up at night wondering...sorry.

Is the rattle sound inconsistent- If so something chipped and fell off like a plastic rivet inside the door panel. It bounces, moves around randomly, and rattles when drive over hit bumps. Maybe even a dealer sticker once applied on the window and fell in the door panel.

Rattle sound consistent- Something is loose but still attached like a wire or zip tie end.

Something fell inside the front passenger vent?

You car is haunted?

Check the seat belt latch thats next to the center console. I had a rattle I could never pin point and sounded as though it was coming from the passenger door, but it turns out that if the seat belt latch is pushed forward the red plastic release button vibrates enough to cause a rattling noise. I keep the seat belt latch pulled up vertical and it doesnt make the noise. hope this helps.

Thanks, will check that out.

More thoughts to keep you up at night wondering...sorry.

Is the rattle sound inconsistent- If so something chipped and fell off like a plastic rivet inside the door panel. It bounces, moves around randomly, and rattles when drive over hit bumps. Maybe even a dealer sticker once applied on the window and fell in the door panel.

Rattle sound consistent- Something is loose but still attached like a wire or zip tie end.

Something fell inside the front passenger vent?

You car is haunted?

Its consistent.

I am starting to wander...... maybe it is haunted? (lol2)

Anyone know if this is the same rattling / vibrating noise that plagued the previous gen CX-5?

I've noticed the bottom plastic passenger seat section by the seat adjuster is very close and you can tap it with your finger and it makes a noise..

It is rattling noise.

Ok since your guess is good as anyone else I am going to bet the rattle is coming from passenger side something superficial that the source seems to be the same place no matter where you sit. Here are couple things I did to my car and possible sources for yours. There are pics of seat bellt anchor to the floor that is close to hit the b pillar and wire ducts under the passenger seat too also you can see the foam i added that is behind the passenger seat.

Hi highly believe the sound could be the duct for the passenger foot there are 2 openings and I attached multiple pictures some with arrows pointing where I added foam to prevent the duct from shaking. the picture of the phone is a rough position where I was when I took the picture taking underneath the glove box close to the console. Let me know if it helps. shake the duct a little and see if that is seems like the sound you are getting before removing or adding any foam ( doesnt hurt even if you do) just a precaution. its us vs rattle sounds.

Now picture Time......................

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Last edited:
Ok since your guess is good as anyone else I am going to bet the rattle is coming from passenger side something superficial that the source seems to be the same place no matter where you sit. Here are couple things I did to my car and possible sources for yours. There are pics of seat bellt anchor to the floor that is close to hit the b pillar and wire ducts under the passenger seat too also you can see the foam i added that is behind the passenger seat.

Hi highly believe the sound could be the duct for the passenger foot there are 2 openings and I attached multiple pictures some with arrows pointing where I added foam to prevent the duct from shaking. the picture of the phone is a rough position where I was when I took the picture taking underneath the glove box close to the console. Let me know if it helps. shake the duct a little and see if that is seems like the sound you are getting before removing or adding any foam ( doesnt hurt even if you do) just a precaution. its us vs rattle sounds.

Now picture Time......................

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

How do I see your pictures?

What you can't see the 8 pictures....... How come I am able to see it in my comment and also within the quote of your comment (uhm)...
Anyway here is a link
PART 1 (nailbyt)

1.png2.png3.png4.jpg

Last edited:
Back