Rattle coming from front passenger door ~ 2017 CX-5

Part 2

5.png6.png7.png8.png

Last edited:
Please tell me yall can see the pictures. I am uploading it in every way I know. Sorry for the duplicates.
PART 1
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Bonus Points for some of the most well labeled, clear and concise pictures I have seen here. Thank you Soulred17! (cool)

One tool I like to use is the recorder on the cell phone. You can use the voice record, or just simply use a video to record the noise from different positions in the cockpit to hone-in the microphone on the offending target. Lay it under the seat, on the seat, in the back seat, under the dash, etc, or even hold the phone extended outwards and pan around.

Good luck... Hope it goes away.

soulred17, I want to thank you again very much for your help and pictures. I have added foam underneath the glove box (as per your pictures) and it did help with a rattle, it is not completely gone but it is much better. I will continue adding foam as it shows in your pictures and hopefully it will cure the problem.:)(2thumbs)

soulred17, I want to thank you again very much for your help and pictures. I have added foam underneath the glove box (as per your pictures) and it did help with a rattle, it is not completely gone but it is much better. I will continue adding foam as it shows in your pictures and hopefully it will cure the problem.:)(2thumbs)
So globe box area is the issue. Interesting

You are very welcome.... I am glad it got reduced.

The duct is attached to the center console and seems to be freely hanging so I kinda had to wedge soft foam to the surrounding IP components and AC unit where the duct runs close.

TIP: I got better access after removing the Glove box to add more foam. you can try if you haven't its quite easy to remove GB.

Last edited:
So globe box area is the issue. Interesting

There is a duct opening for air to blow to your feet. The attachment is near the console and the duct kinda hangs. Obviously being attached to one end doesnt help and eventually it shakes and rattles. so that area is vulnerable. Before I found this it drove me crazy.... I was about to rip the Passenger door trim because it seems like something was rattling near the speaker.. so glad I didnt

Last edited:
Seriously if there is more than one problem area, take the car back and get them all resolved.

Dealer claims that in order for them to try and find the issue I would have to leave the car at the dealer at least for two days so that they can take the hole interior out one section at the time to find rattle/noise, but I really do not feel comfortable letting them take new car apart.

Last edited:
Dealer claims that in order for them to try and find the issue I would have to leave the car at the dealer at least for two days so that they can take the hole interior out one section at the time to find rattle/noise, but I really do not feel comfortable letting them take new car apart.

Fair enough.

Maybe if these rattles were from day one as in as soon as you picked it up and drove it, you should have gone back and demanded a new vehicle (uhm)

Back