tap rear view camera feed

:
Mazda CX-5 AWD Touring
I want to splice the video cable going into the back of the stock 2014 head unit so that my rearview camera feed can go to the stock deck and to an android tablet. Getting the video into the Android tablet is the easy part as long as I have a yellow RCA to plug into my EZCap. Does anyone know how to do that? Or has anyone done that before?

I want to splice the video cable going into the back of the stock 2014 head unit so that my rearview camera feed can go to the stock deck and to an android tablet. Getting the video into the Android tablet is the easy part as long as I have a yellow RCA to plug into my EZCap. Does anyone know how to do that? Or has anyone done that before?
I haven't done it however maybe you could:

1. Unplug the socket from the rear camera itself at the back

2. Unplug the connections from your headunit at the back

3. Use a tester to locate the connections from the camera to the headunit connections.

That's where you need to tap.

I know which wire it is, I purchased a cable awhile back that was the stock white connector that plugs into the stock head unit but it had a yellow RCA attached to it and the white connector on that cable is only using the pin for the rear view camera the other 3 slots are empty. So based on that I think I'd tap the wire in the same location. I just dont know if it will work and I wanted to see if anyone else has ever tried something like this. Before I cut the stock wire and start messing with it I figured I would see what other knew.

I also don't know if they sell a wiretap that would work for a video cable like they do for power wires. I assume not because the wires inside a video cable are more complicated.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Par...id=7ec63200-56ad-4c6a-b8c1-16e0490fab5a&tpp=1

Last edited:
Back