2017~2024 More luxury wanted..

All that is "fluff" IMHO. I'd like an 18 gallon tank and a turbo.

I don't think AC/AA is fluff. I absolutely prefer that to the clunky Mazda nav. As for the others, it was nice to have them at least as options.

Agree it's fluff. Perfectly content with Mazdas infotainment and using my 0hone over BT.
Didn't even have BT in my last car...

Agree it's fluff. Perfectly content with Mazdas infotainment and using my 0hone over BT.
Didn't even have BT in my last car...
Same here. So long as I can answer/make calls via bt and it reads SMS then I am good. AA to me would be a bonus

Fair enough

Yeah... I think an 18 gallon tank would be perfect for me.

I guess in other parts of the world my GX gets a second gas tank. That is the reason they put the swinging rear door on the GX models as that is where the spare tire goes. The secondary gas tank goes where spare tire goes in North America...although I think Prado has model trim available in similar setup in Australia.

Quite a bit off topic with my GX piece but for Australian members a question... call this a naive American question if nothing else... :) Is Highway system in Australia good enough to get to most corners of the continent with you CX-5? I know there is quite a bit of over-landing there but that is similar to one heading to the mountains here 4x4ing.... an alternate route and not necessarily the only route to the destination.

How many hour drive from East Coast to West Coast?

Last edited:
Yeah... I think an 18 gallon tank would be perfect for me.

I guess in other parts of the world my GX gets a second gas tank. That is the reason they put the swinging rear door on the GX models as that is where the spare tire goes. The secondary gas tank goes where spare tire goes in North America...although I think Prado has model trim available in similar setup in Australia.

Quite a bit off topic with my GX piece but for Australian members a question... call this a naive American question if nothing else... :) Is Highway system in Australia good enough to get to most corners of the continent with you CX-5? I know there is quite a bit of over-landing there but that is similar to one heading to the mountains here 4x4ing.... an alternate route and not necessarily the only route to the destination.

How many hour drive from East Coast to West Coast?
41 hours east to west. Yes the Highway system is enough for even a decent car let alone an SUV

There's no like really direct route though right?

Direct enough. See below:

image.jpg

I was thinking through the middle. Figured anything coast to coast would be...well coastal. Like one major freeway. Took a look on maps. You can do it but not on a big freeway.
Aus is a fascinating country.
24 million ppl on an island the size of the US.

I was thinking through the middle. Figured anything coast to coast would be...well coastal. Like one major freeway. Took a look on maps. You can do it but not on a big freeway.
Aus is a fascinating country.
24 million ppl on an island the size of the US.

Can't as no highways through middle of the desert (east/west). There is however highway from north/south through the desert

Any rate, how about led turn signals for more luxury besides ones in door mirrors (uhm)

Last edited:
I have enough questions asked to me about "Why did you get a Mazda, not Honda or Toyota?"
Now, you want to make it even more expensive by adding features not everyone wants?
Remote Start: no need. It is an accessory
Panoramic roof: looks nice, but many cases of exploded glass reported
HandFree liftgate: It is rare that I approach the liftgate with no free hand. Very rare case.
auto-folding side mirrors: prone to failure due to water getting through the gap into motor. Fancy, but useless in US.

CarPlay, AA: agree to that, but a software upgrade issue. I can wait.

Love the woodwork in CX9, but that also limits the supply of CX9 Signature models.
Dealers are selling every one of these they can get.

How are auto folding mirrors useless in the US? I dont live in the city, but every car I see on the narrow one way streets in Philadelphia has their mirrors folded in so they dont get hit.

How are auto folding mirrors useless in the US? I don’t live in the city, but every car I see on the narrow one way streets in Philadelphia has their mirrors folded in so they don’t get hit.
How hard is it to fold your mirror when you close your door? How lazy can we be? I'd rather have a HUD that no one on this class offers and heated rear seats.
(Playing devil's advocate here, I'd like auto folding mirrors for parking in my tiny garage).

Last edited:
Had the auto folding mirrors on my Genesis. Honestly, its way too easy to burn them out, especially in the winter when they ice over. If they are folded in and you get freezing rain or an accumulation of snow that freezes, they're an absolute pain in the a$$. At the end of last winter, one was folding in and out slower than the other and out of time because it got stuck a couple of times in the freezing weather. Nice in warmer weather, I find them impractical for winters.

I would like my HUD back though. Could have had it in the GT, but it wasn't worth the extra $4.5k just to get a HUD and heated rear seats that I will never sit in, hahaha.

How hard is it to fold your mirror when you close your door? How lazy can we be? I'd rather have a HUD that no one on this class offers and heated rear seats.
(Playing devil's advocate here, I'd like auto folding mirrors for parking in my tiny garage).

OK. So it's pouring with rain, you find the very last spot to park but the space is extremely tight and the only way to park is to fold the mirrors. So you wind down the window, fold the mirror by hand by which time your interior is soaking with rain. BTW, you haven't even done the passenger mirror yet.

The passenger side is the one they have to fold on a one way street. Who wants to run around to the other side of the car to manually fold the mirror especially in the rain! Anyway I don’t live in the city so it doesn’t affect me.

Back