Subaru vs. Mazda

:
2021 Acura RDX
Just wondering what you all think about Subaru compared to Mazda? At first, I was dead set on getting a brand new Subaru WRX. That turbo is fun, and I driver several of them. They are amazing cars, and the AWD is awesome. However, I just couldnt get over how junky the interior was for 30k car.

So, I decided to test drive a 17 Mazda GT. I knew I wanted AWD and most likely a SUV for the extra space. Anyway, on my first test drive I fell in love, and the rest is history.

Im just curious is any of you have owned a Subaru? What were your thoughts on it?

Now, Im just hoping that my GT holds up since I didnt buy the extended warranty :) they seem durable!

I assume CX-5.

Subaru is very reliable and has a great AWD system so equal there.

All the other Subarus are dull to drive in my opinion. So if not WRX get the Mazda.

I think Mazda has a much nicer interior too.

How do you turn off the vehicle lane assist? I am too lazy to look it up. Do any of you guys like it? I find it annoying.

I owned a Subaru wagon, fun to drive (it was a stick) but the interior was shabby. Unfortunately it was parked in the lot at work and a van caught fire next to it burning the drivers side of my Subaru as well as melting some of the interior.

Insurance fixed it but it was never the same. Paint didn't match and the interior rattled. Dumped it and bought a Mazda RX-7.
World of difference.

Enjoy the Mazda.

Last edited:
Do you all use it?

I do and if you indicate your lane change with the turn signal it won’t think you’re drifting. So it does not fight you. I’m guessing this is what’s annoying you.

Basically if you indicate lane changes and stay in between the lines when not changing lanes you shouldn't even notice it other than the green lines in the cluster.

Last edited:
I’ve owned quite a few Mazdas. I also owned a 2017 WRX Limited for a short period of time and am now back in a Mazda3. You made the right decision.

Maybe after SkyActiv X is released

I have a Focus ST currently, wife primarily drives the CX-5, and I'm starting to itch for something new. If I had to today I'd probably get a GTI or Golf R but I'm wanting to hold out for the next gen 3 and SkyActiv X.

I have a Focus ST currently, wife primarily drives the CX-5, and I'm starting to itch for something new. If I had to today I'd probably get a GTI or Golf R but I'm wanting to hold out for the next gen 3 and SkyActiv X.

AFAIK no plans for Mazdaspeed on current engines/platform. There is also at this stage nothing on the horizon (Mazdaspeed wise) for SkyActiv X... nothing officially stated

AFAIK no plans for Mazdaspeed on current engines/platform. There is also at this stage nothing on the horizon (Mazdaspeed wise) for SkyActiv X... nothing officially stated

Yea, it's hard to say for sure. Even if they call it something else I just want something with sharp handling, don't mind a little rough ride, and ~250 + HP/TQ in a Mazda 3 sized hatchback. AKA a hot hatch ;)

How do you turn off the vehicle lane assist? I am too lazy to look it up. Do any of you guys like it? I find it annoying.

There's a button on the dash, down and to the left of the wheel. Simple and convenient. An idiot light indicates when it's off.

I like it on the freeway, definitely turn it off in the twisties.

Do you all use it?

My Mazda doesnt have it luckily, my BMW has. Never even used it once.

If you need to rely on gimmicky electronics to drive properly, I personally think you shouldnt be driving period. These literally safety features are more to satisfy the governments strict standards rather then for the customer to actually use.

As for the Mazda 6 since you mentioned it? Great car.

Back