CX-5 Got Egged :-(

I once honked at a car from our neighborhood which did a dangerous U-turn.
(he went back to his house)
Soon after, my wife found that our driveway was egged....
People can be so immature. I knew where he lived, and I had camera pointing at the driveway.
I could have got him into trouble.

I basically agree with what Jman136 and wlong01 said that I should wash the egged vehicles ASAP or the paint may get etched but not sure about peeling. Many years ago my 2001.5 VW Passat got egged too and I waited for police officer to show up and let him see the situation. But it was in summer and the egg dried pretty quick. The dried egg white and yolk are not only so hard to come off, but also left some etching marks couldn’t get rid off. The worst thing is when those high school kids throwing the eggs hard, the egg shell broken at impact is sharp which created egg-shaped mark with peeling paint!

Oh this time after reported the incident the police officer never came like promised but called instead. She asked several routine questions and asked me sending in pictures to show the damage.

Never liked washing cars and that’s why we’re getting only silver vehicles. Had to spend some time washing 2 vehicles and inspecting the damage last night. These dried eggs are really hard to remove. The windshield on CX-5 is survived during this egg attack. Paint on CX-5 seems fine after eggs are removed but it does left some marks on black plastic. Unfortunately these eggs did create 2 egg marks with peeling paint on the hood and A-pillar to our 19-year-old CR-V! (mad)

[

Ouch :(

Can attest, my CX-5 got egged once. Somehow my garage door got left up overnight. Guessing button got accidently pressed on the remote opener. Nothing stolen, but back of my car egged. Was a PITA to get off.

Could also be a neighbour with some sort of grudge against them.....

Been living in this neighborhood for 34 years, I hate to think anything else other than some bad school kids throwing the eggs for fun during the night. Of course anything is possible especially a huge 5-story apartment complex low-income housing, which is used to be a Lexus dealer, is almost finished in our area. This’s one major thing makes us thinking we should move.

Been living in this neighborhood for 34 years, I hate to think anything else other than some bad school kids throwing the eggs for fun during the night. Of course anything is possible especially a huge 5-story apartment complex low-income housing, which is used to be a Lexus dealer, is almost finished in our area. Thiss one major thing makes us thinking we should move.

It sounds snobby but I know exactly what you mean.

This sucks. I hope there is no permanent damage. 34 years at one place is cool - i have moved 5 cities in last 3 years. Feels like a cave dwelling nomad with no place to call 'home'.

This sucks. I hope there is no permanent damage. 34 years at one place is cool - i have moved 5 cities in last 3 years. Feels like a cave dwelling nomad with no place to call 'home'.
Yeah with more people moving into our city the safety has become a concern for us. Wife said the recent crime report from our community has reported (our) two egged cars and a handgun been found in a trash cart!

Weve been thinking moving to Bay Area in California near our kids. But housing market there keeps us from finding a reasonable house. The housing price there has been doubled or tripled since 2011/2012 and for each house on market for sale it can easily have 30+ bids to be sent in and compete! Over-bid $200K~$300K above the asking price for a house in a nice area is a norm there right now!

We have a good friend who has been moving around the country, Philadelphia、Boston、San Diego、Denver、San Jose、Fort Worth、finally Los Angeles, and he plan to retire in San Diego. The good thing is all of his relocations are company paid! His wife has the same complain like you that she doesnt know which place they can call it home!

Crazy real estate here in Seattle area as well... I think the Vancouver, BC money is moving south...

I'm giving up the idea of buying anything decent here in Denver. It's gone way up!

It would be EXTREMELY hard to remove the egg 'liquid' from the paint once it dries.
Hope you bought a comprehensive insurance.

Back