CX-5 Got Egged :-(

yrwei52

2016 Mazda CX-5 GT AWD w/Tech Pkg
Contributor
:
Plano, Texas, USA
Our 2016 CX-5 where the hail damage just got fixed with PDR a couple of weeks ago, got egged last night! Someone really hates our CX-5 I guess! (glare) (nailbyt)

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

90815ECF-9921-4607-AE67-75F4CCA082CB.jpegBD08F2A0-5E11-4698-908A-B11E4E0CD67A.jpegA3B3C6F8-80CF-46D1-BC09-4B8ED6F0E108.jpegA0D6543E-1AAD-411B-9127-9FD237781B78.jpeg

Dont take this the wrong way I think the reason possibly you got egged is because you may not have parked parallel within the lines and not because they hate CX5 just saying... I could be wrong.

parking.JPGparking.JPG

Wife has the CX-5 at work. But I just noticed the egg seems to crack the weak windshield?

Not that I know of. That’s why I said the person hates CX-5!

Sadly seems it was directed at you since both of your cars have been targeted.

Maybe set up some motion detecting night security cameras....

Sadly seems it was directed at you since both of your cars have been targeted.

Maybe set up some motion detecting night security cameras....
Yeah that‘s a good suggestion with security camera. But I doubt even with footage the police will do anything. My son’s expensive gaming laptop got stolen in his apartment, the police didn’t even care to ask for the footage from security camera. I feel sorry for my insurance company as if that windshield is indeed cracked by the egg, it would be the 3rd $850 windshields in the short 2.5 years of CX-5 ownership. Of course my premium would go up again as I can imagine.

Yeah that‘s a good suggestion with security camera. But I doubt even with footage the police will do anything. My son’s expensive gaming laptop got stolen in his apartment, the police didn’t even care to ask for the footage from security camera. I feel sorry for my insurance company as if that windshield is indeed cracked by the egg, it would be the 3rd $850 windshields in the short 2.5 years of CX-5 ownership. Of course my premium would go up again as I can imagine.

Sad the police seem to not really care :(

EEK! Did you at least clean it all off and put a good coat of wax down? Hopefully it hasn’t etched your paint!

EEK! Did you at least clean it all off and put a good coat of wax down? Hopefully it hasnt etched your paint!
Do not let the egg dry, it will take the paint off (especially Mazda paint). Get it off asap.
Its already dry. Fortunately, your post is not true on either point.
I basically agree with what Jman136 and wlong01 said that I should wash the egged vehicles ASAP or the paint may get etched but not sure about peeling. Many years ago my 2001.5 VW Passat got egged too and I waited for police officer to show up and let him see the situation. But it was in summer and the egg dried pretty quick. The dried egg white and yolk are not only so hard to come off, but also left some etching marks couldnt get rid off. The worst thing is when those high school kids throwing the eggs hard, the egg shell broken at impact is sharp which created egg-shaped mark with peeling paint!

Oh this time after reported the incident the police officer never came like promised but called instead. She asked several routine questions and asked me sending in pictures to show the damage.

Never liked washing cars and thats why were getting only silver vehicles. Had to spend some time washing 2 vehicles and inspecting the damage last night. These dried eggs are really hard to remove. The windshield on CX-5 is survived during this egg attack. Paint on CX-5 seems fine after eggs are removed but it does left some marks on black plastic. Unfortunately these eggs did create 2 egg marks with peeling paint on the hood and A-pillar to our 19-year-old CR-V! (mad)

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

531AC853-BE01-49BA-9D6E-178B119FBB82.jpgD56AF7E2-AF02-40CC-B875-B903AF55E0B2.jpegCDDE29FF-0826-419C-8A8B-7027EA1D4C81.jpeg

I also got egged a few years back. Yep, check for breaks in the paint for where the shell made contact and broke. Sometimes that part can do more damage.

Last edited:
That sucks yrwei

Hopefully you can rectify this problem. Seems to be some kids causing trouble. I'd get a camera just to know whom you're dealing with.

That sucks, I was the victim of a bad run of vandalism luck in my Genesis not too long ago. So I feel your pain!

Back