Mazda Capital Services (Financing) question

lincolnunit

:
2017 Mazda CX-5 Grand Touring
So I just about to make my first payment online...then I noticed that they are charging me $15 in fees every time I make a payment through my cards $_$.
I can't use a bank account because of the total payment is more than $300.
Anyone know an alternative way of making payments to avoid this ridiculous fee?

I can't use a bank account because of the total payment is more than $300.

Huh?

I made one payment ($334) through my credit union checking account before I refinanced at a percentage point lower than Mazda through my credit union.

Huh is right? I would get another bank if they won't let you make a payment over $300.

Also, when I have financed our cars, they have been through places like Chase or Wells Fargo- not really Mazda directly.

Huh is right? I would get another bank if they won't let you make a payment over $300.

Also, when I have financed our cars, they have been through places like Chase or Wells Fargo- not really Mazda directly.
Mazda Capital Services is through Chase I think.

Mazda Capital Services is through Chase I think.

Correct.

So far, been happy with Chase, but I have never tried making a car payment with a credit card. Sounds like maybe you might be better off signing up for an electronic monthly payment, or increasing the $300 limit with your personal bank.

Why would you use a credit card to pay a loan debt? What do you use to pay the credit card bill?

Why would you use a credit card to pay a loan debt? What do you use to pay the credit card bill?

Taking advantage of a cash back card more than likely. If you pay the charge off before they charge you interest, it's free money.

Taking advantage of a cash back card more than likely. If you pay the charge off before they charge you interest, it's free money.

True, but if he can't pay $300 out of his bank, how's he paying off the credit card? Doesn't make any sense. Bunch of small payments???

True, but if he can't pay $300 out of his bank, how's he paying off the credit card? Doesn't make any sense. Bunch of small payments???

Good point. I'm so used to the Dave Ramsey types on forums that I didn't even pay much attention. lol

OP - If you can't afford to make the payment until pay day, just hold off. If you call and let them know sometimes they'll work with you. Generally it takes 15 days or so before you're hit with a late fee.

Good point. I'm so used to the Dave Ramsey types on forums that I didn't even pay much attention. lol

OP - If you can't afford to make the payment until pay day, just hold off. If you call and let them know sometimes they'll work with you. Generally it takes 15 days or so before you're hit with a late fee.

Oh...I thought his bank wasn't letting him pay more than $300 out of his checking. Didn't occur to me that maybe he just didn't have the money. Now that I re-read OP post, that makes more sense.

Good advice.

Possible it's a debit card OP is referring to. Post only mentions "my card." I didn't get any impression that sufficient funds was an issue.

Guess we'll find out if OP can clarify.

funding isnt an issue. The website itself won't let me add my bank account..and the site doesn't even appear to be chase, it's some ridiculous thing called Doxo...
I suppose I need to create a chase account in order to pay through them? Everytime I try to create an account number it advises me that its already in use, I guess I'll give chase a call when I am off this midnight tour -_-

Not germaine to the topic, but I too find MCS a bit difficult to work with. I learned last night (first statement came in), you cannot make a principle reduction payment using your banks payment system. You MUST use their coupon or THEIR web site to have any additional amount paid applied directly to the principle. You would think with today's technology, Chase would have a better system in place, although I suspect it's a tactic.

I'm sure that Mazda Capital Services will take a check sent through the mail. Then you only pay the 50 cent postal fee.

or do what I did, just go to any Chase branch, show them your statement and pay in person and get a receipt.

I had it set on the Chase Mazda website to autopay from my Citibank to Chase Mazda, no fees, not sure why OP is getting charged $15......

when I was down to the last $5000 balance, I just paid it off in person at my local Chase branch, gave them a Citibank cashier's check and paid off the CX-9

I'm sure if OP goes to any local Chase branch with his Mazda statement, they can help him straighten it out.

Wait, what? It is 2003? Who pays bills like this?

I go to my bank website, login, click PAY BILLS and pay all my bills from ONE site.
People actually go to a vendors site to pay bills?

Wait, what? It is 2003? Who pays bills like this?

I go to my bank website, login, click PAY BILLS and pay all my bills from ONE site.
People actually go to a vendors site to pay bills?

Depending on what you want to accomplish (example: Making a Principle Reduction Payment) you CANNOT pay through your bank.

funding isnt an issue. The website itself won't let me add my bank account..and the site doesn't even appear to be chase, it's some ridiculous thing called Doxo...
I suppose I need to create a chase account in order to pay through them? Everytime I try to create an account number it advises me that its already in use, I guess I'll give chase a call when I am off this midnight tour -_-

I had the same issue with the account number already being in use. I contacted chase, and they told me to add a zero to the beginning of the account number. I did that, and it worked.
Here's what they told me when I emailed about that exact same issue,

Hello,

Thank you for contacting us about your external account.
It is our pleasure to assist.

Please be informed that an external account can
exist on more than one user ID / profile. If you have
added the account previously or a joint account owner and
another account owner already added account, customer must
add additional zeros at the beginning of the account
number in order to add account to another user ID /
profile.

Back