Alt wire modifaction

:
Mazda Protege5
I was reading some old posts about using a 626 internal regulated alternator on our P5. There was mention of a mod to a wire or wires to make it work with out turning the charge light on. Has anyone really ever done this? Does anyone know how to do this? Please let me know, Thank you!

I was wondering if using a self regulated alternator would fix the dreaded dimming lights on the P5. The 626 seems to be the same size and mounting as P5 stock. The only thing I could find is that the P5 is regulated by the ECU and the 626 is not.

626 probably has the same amp alternator as a P5. A rebuilt alternator may help, but the small wiring is the main reason. You can install a grounding kit and replace the ground and power wires to the battery/starter/fuse box to help with the lights dimming. You can also install HID headlights and LED bulbs that won't dim as much.

There is also a high output 160 amp alternator available

Screenshot_2017-10-22-14-55-23.png

Here's a link to "the big three"... It shows you how and where to add wire.

https://www.mazdas247.com/forum/sho...unding-Kit-for-MSP&s=&highlight=1st grounding

Thank you guys for they help and info! Yes the lights dimming is driving me crazy! I put a very high quality rebuild alternator in and a new battery. I only did the battery because it was a 5 year one an I have had the car for 4.5 years now, figured better safe than sorry! I need to look into the Big Three. From what I have reading, dimming lights are pretty common in our P5's. Thank you all again for the help!

Back