off road tires on 20" rims?

cf_murph

:
2010 Mazda CX-9 Grand Touring
Hey guys, long time lurker, decided to finally post on the forums.
I have a 2010 CX-9 Grand Touring AWD. It's a hand-me-down from the wife when she got a new corporate car. It made more sense financially for me to sell my F150 than to sell the Mazda.

Anyway, long story short, her job required a lot of travel and windshield time. Right now we have 147k on the car and we are on the second set of OEM tires. I. HATE. THEM. Coming from a leveled and lifted F150, I told my wife that I would have this thing off road ready at the first opportunity. She scoffed at the idea lol.

I'm not really going to off road it, I just want to get rid of the rubber bands for tires that it has now (245/50/20) and put something beefier on there. I had Trail Grapplers on my truck, and I really like the Nitto Terra Grappler G2's, but the smallest I can find in a 20" is 265/50/20 or 265/60/20. Nothing narrower like a 255 or 245.

Getting 17 or 18" rims isn't in the cards because we will probably be selling in another year to year and a half, so I don't want to spend the $$ on rims AND tires. But it needs tires now, the ones on it are about dead.

Any thoughts on if the 265/50/20 Terra Grappler G2's or the 265/60/20 Wildpeaks would fit?

Thanks!

Back