Heated Mirrors?

:
2021 Acura RDX
Hi guys!

Do all of the 2017 cx-5 models have heated side mirrors, or just the GTs?

By the way, I finally got my touch-up paint from Paint Scratch. It looks pretty good!

Hi guys!

Do all of the 2017 cx-5 models have heated side mirrors, or just the GT’s?

By the way, I finally got my touch-up paint from Paint Scratch. It looks pretty good!

Just your GTs:

image.png

I'm considering buying a new 2018 Grand Touring CX-5 in North Carolina. The MazdaUSA website for the Grand Touring does not mention heated mirrors. I could probably install them if I knew where to buy the driver and passenger side heated glass. Where can they be purchased? I've only run across it for 2013-2016. Will this fit on the 2018?

I'm considering buying a new 2018 Grand Touring CX-5 in North Carolina. The MazdaUSA website for the Grand Touring does not mention heated mirrors. I could probably install them if I knew where to buy the driver and passenger side heated glass. Where can they be purchased? I've only run across it for 2013-2016. Will this fit on the 2018?

Yes it does, page 22 of brochure, screenshot below:

oj2kv8.jpg

Call off the dogs, guys. I did find a separate page on the mazdausa web site that did state that the 2018 CX-5 Grand Touring does have the heated side view mirrors. The Details page states it clearly. The Specifications page doesn't mention it for some reason.

Kind of lame that the 2017 Touring does not come with heated side mirrors. One had to get the GT Version.

Here in Canada the GS and GT have heated mirrors (I have a GS and heated mirrors), but our trims are different from the US spec CX-5 anyway.

Thanks, I was putting on both defrosters to get the heated mirrors on. Good to k know only rear is needed to activate mirrors. [emoji16]

And don't be concerned or surprised when the mirrors and rear "defogger" turn off after about 15 minutes! They're designed that way.

And also don't be surprised when they don't meet your expectations. I have them on 2016 and do not see any benefits. In my friend's Porche - these heated mirrors when turned on within 10 min., snow - gone OR rain drops - gone. In CX-5 it's as if not there. No benefits I have seen, yet - either with snow or rain.

Case in point - I have Mazda OEM remote start - which can turn on rear defroster - and I have done so. 10 min. later walk by the car and nada - not a drop of snow removed, the mirrors are cold as ice. Took it to dealer who ran some diag. and came back saying - working fine.

My 2017 mirror heaters work just fine, snow and rain gone within minutes. So not sure what to tell you there; difference between old and new models perhaps, hahaha.

We have a 2016.5 and I use the heated side mirrors all the time in the winter, and they've always worked great for us.

Get plenty of snow/rain up here and I've never had any issues - within a few minutes of turning them on, the mirrors clear/dry right up.

Last edited:
And also don't be surprised when they don't meet your expectations. I have them on 2016 and do not see any benefits. In my friend's Porche - these heated mirrors when turned on within 10 min., snow - gone OR rain drops - gone. In CX-5 it's as if not there. No benefits I have seen, yet - either with snow or rain.

Case in point - I have Mazda OEM remote start - which can turn on rear defroster - and I have done so. 10 min. later walk by the car and nada - not a drop of snow removed, the mirrors are cold as ice. Took it to dealer who ran some diag. and came back saying - working fine.
Heated outside mirrors on my 2016 CX-5 are performed exactly like yours! In fact that is one of my long list of items needs to present to my Mazda dealer and get fixed before my new car warranty expires.

Definitely something I will take to dealer. Thanks OP for raising this topic and others confirming works fine in newer models.

Back