Heated Mirrors?

And also don't be surprised when they don't meet your expectations. I have them on 2016 and do not see any benefits.In CX-5 it's as if not there. No benefits I have seen, yet - either with snow or rain.

Case in point - I have Mazda OEM remote start - which can turn on rear defroster - and I have done so. 10 min. later walk by the car and nada - not a drop of snow removed, the mirrors are cold as ice. Took it to dealer who ran some diag. and came back saying - working fine.
Something is wrong there then.
They are not working at all if you don't see any results after 10 minutes.
Take it to another dealer if possible.
Maybe try checking fuses first?

Just used mine today on a dreary, rainy, misty day and they cleared off in less than 5 minutes. Temperature was in the mid 40's.

And don't be concerned or surprised when the mirrors and rear "defogger" turn off after about 15 minutes! They're designed that way.

Every vehicle that I have owned with rear defrost, (two before the CX5) had a timer. Generally the time was plenty to get the glass clear. Once the interior was warmed up then there was no issue. My experiences only go down to about -10F so I’m sure much colder temperatures may necessitate a second round.

Only the 2018 Grand Touring trim level has heated outside mirrors (hom). The 2018 Sport and Touring trim levels have unheated outside mirrors. I suspect the reason why auto makers place desirable non-hedonistic features like hom (desirable for northerners at least) in higher priced trim levels is to get people to buy it.

Mazda should just have a separate cold weather option available to all trim levels that includes heated outside mirrors, heated seats, heated steering wheel, and heated wiper blades. This way, everyone who wants and needs a cold weather package can get it. Anyone who doesnt need it such as Southerners can opt to not get it.

This person posted a how-to DIY modification to swap unheated outside mirrors to heated outside mirrors for a 2014 CX-5:
https://www.mazdas247.com/forum/showthread.php?123829997-Heated-Mirrors-How-To-Install

Youll need to figure out for yourself how to swap the mirrors for a 2018 model if Mazda doesnt provide step-by-step instructions and a parts needed list. I doubt a Mazda dealer would do it because its not an OEM feature for your trim level.

Mazda should make all features available for all options in all countries

Only the 2018 Grand Touring trim level has heated outside mirrors (hom). The 2018 Sport and Touring trim levels have unheated outside mirrors. I suspect the reason why auto makers place desirable non-hedonistic features like hom (desirable for northerners at least) in higher priced trim levels is to get people to buy it.

Mazda should just have a separate cold weather option available to all trim levels that includes heated outside mirrors, heated seats, heated steering wheel, and heated wiper blades. This way, everyone who wants and needs a cold weather package can get it. Anyone who doesn*t need it such as Southerners can opt to not get it.

This person posted a how-to DIY modification to swap unheated outside mirrors to heated outside mirrors for a 2014 CX-5:
https://www.mazdas247.com/forum/showthread.php?123829997-Heated-Mirrors-How-To-Install

You*ll need to figure out for yourself how to swap the mirrors for a 2018 model if Mazda doesn*t provide step-by-step instructions and a parts needed list. I doubt a Mazda dealer would do it because it*s not an OEM feature for your trim level.

Too bad there are no pics anymore for that DIY post.

One thing I miss greatly about my 2010 Jeep. Heated mirrors. The DIY sounds like a pain though.

I agree! Came from an SUV that didnt have them, and vowed to never go that route again.

Although, the windshield dr-iced would be nice on my standard GT. Oh well, sometimes you cant get everything :)

Yep they are heated. They come on when you turn on the rear defroster.

Thanks for posting!

I've spent several recent Florida mornings unable to use the side view mirrors in my GT. Using the front defroster did nothing. No button like my Honda for the mirrors.

Thank goodness for newsgroups. *sigh*

Back