CX-9 total width including mirrors 2016-2018 models

windyroads

:
CX-9
Hoping a current CX-9 owner can help provide this information. I have extensively searched the internet and can not find total exterior width dimensions INCLUDING mirrors for the 2016-2018 CX-9. I have even called Mazada corporate line and they were not able to answer this question. I have a narrow single garage door opening that I need to ensure the CX-9 will fit through without manually folding the mirrors in each time. I need this information to finalize my purchase decision :)

Thank you!

Hoping a current CX-9 owner can help provide this information. I have extensively searched the internet and can not find total exterior width dimensions INCLUDING mirrors for the 2016-2018 CX-9. I have even called Mazada corporate line and they were not able to answer this question. I have a narrow single garage door opening that I need to ensure the CX-9 will fit through without manually folding the mirrors in each time. I need this information to finalize my purchase decision :)

Thank you!

Overall width (mm) 1,969/2,207 (mirror to mirror)

source 2017 CX-9 brochure for Canada: https://www.mazda.ca/globalassets/cars/brochures/2017-mazda-cx-9-brochure-en.pdf

cheers,
thd

Thank you!

On your test drive are you able to swing by your house and physically test it out? That's what we did with ours. Width wasn't a problem but length or more to the point height underneath the garage door is. When opening the boot (trunk) i.e. the back wagon door swings up. It was one of the reasons we went for the Azami model (the top of the range here in Oz) because it comes with the powered rear door. We have to stop it with the magic button before it crashes into the rolled up garage door every time. It's a bit annoying but you get used to it.

It was going to be a problem with whichever SUV or minivan we chose.

Good luck

Good luck.

Thank you!

If your garage is that tight, you don't want to go on some dimensions someone gave you on the internet. You want to know for sure. Tell the dealer you need to take the test drive vehicle home to make sure it fits in your garage. Any good dealer should let you do that--at least during the week, on a non-peak customer day.

On your test drive are you able to swing by your house and physically test it out? That's what we did with ours. Width wasn't a problem but length or more to the point height underneath the garage door is. When opening the boot (trunk) i.e. the back wagon door swings up. It was one of the reasons we went for the Azami model (the top of the range here in Oz) because it comes with the powered rear door. We have to stop it with the magic button before it crashes into the rolled up garage door every time. It's a bit annoying but you get used to it.

Just out of curiosity, don't you use the programmable memory height for the power tailgate? That way you don't have to press the button to stop it from hitting the garage door every time?

If your garage is that tight, you don't want to go on some dimensions someone gave you on the internet. You want to know for sure. Tell the dealer you need to take the test drive vehicle home to make sure it fits in your garage. Any good dealer should let you do that--at least during the week, on a non-peak customer day.

I live too far from dealer for them to allow me to drive all the way to my home garage. I trust the dimensions in the Canadian Mazda brochure. Now I just need to decide on CX-5 GT or CX-9 GT. I do not need seating for 7 but really was impressed with the interior / exterior of the CX-9. Slightly larger vehicle then I really need but it's driving dynamics and near luxury interior left an impact on me. Fantastic value for this vehicle

I live too far from dealer for them to allow me to drive all the way to my home garage.

I had two dealers give me an "extended test drive" meaning I could keep it overnight. One let me keep it for two and a half days.

I live too far from dealer for them to allow me to drive all the way to my home garage.
Then you have to question how much they want your biz. You say you are in SoCal--so I assume that there are lots of dealers to choose from (some convenient and some not-so-convenient).

Back