Interior cleaning advice!

:
2021 Acura RDX
Hello!

So, I have a 17GT with the piano black trim. It looks nice, but I am having a very hard time cleaning it. I used Meguiars Qwik Interior Cleaner. It looked good until the sun hit it. Now, I have huge streak marks from where i used the cleaner that states it safe for all surfaces.

Last, what do I clean my Navi screen with? Again, streaks from the Megs cleaner.

Im frustrated, and this piano black crap scratches from just cleaning it.

Also, I use a Meguiars Supreme Shine yellow towel when I apply the product to all surfaces.

Thanks much!

Hello!

So, I have a 17’GT with the piano black trim. It looks nice, but I am having a very hard time cleaning it. I used Meguiars Qwik Interior Cleaner. It looked good until the sun hit it. Now, I have huge streak marks from where i used the cleaner that states it safe for all surfaces.

Last, what do I clean my Navi screen with? Again, streaks from the Megs cleaner.

I’m frustrated, and this piano black crap scratches from just cleaning it.

Also, I use a Meguiars Supreme Shine yellow towel when I apply the product to all surfaces.

Thanks much!

To clean the navigation screen, just use one of those cloths you get when you buy new reading glasses and gently wipe the screen or someway similar to cleaning a smartphone screen.

If I were you, I wouldn't use a cleaner

Also are you also cleaning the dashboard with a cleaning product (uhm) I would suggest not to as when I contacted Mazda Australia they stated to me not to use any cleaners on my 6 and to only use fibre cloths to clean

Last edited:
Yeah, I have been using a interior detailer that claims its safe for all interior surfaces. How would you clean with just Microfiber towels? Do you use water?

Also, is the Navi screen pretty durable from using it, cleaning it, etc?

Yeah, I have been using a interior detailer that claims it’s safe for all interior surfaces. How would you clean with just Microfiber towels? Do you use water?

For dust just the cloth, if there is a stain perhaps wipe with damp cloth then dry

Also, is the Navi screen pretty durable from using it, cleaning it, etc?

Yes but over time the ability to detect touch will decrease if a specific cleaner is used.

For piano black just use a damp microfiber towel. No need to put any cleaning treatment on it. If it gets super dirty, just use some Quick Detailing spray or a window cleaner.

FYI - Piano black is basically always dirty. Get used to it and you'll spare yourself some OCD headaches.

A very slightly damp microfiber will clean the screen and the black trim. Make sure it's a high quality microfiber and lint free. Wash your microfibers separate from other laundry with a free and clear detergent and use low heat or air only to dry with no dryer sheet. don't use any fabric softener in the wash load. You can add a bit of white vinegar to the wash.
I suspect that you had too much product on the towel you were using that's why it left steaks. After cleaning with something like interior QD wipe remaining product with a fresh clean microfiber. The gloss black is going to be very hard to keep clean. Several people have installed PPF like expel ultimate over the gloss trim to keep it from scratching. If it does get scratched a very light plastic polish should help remove those scratches.

Get a screen protector for your screen. I got one from Amazon but haven't installed it yet. [emoji16]

For the black piano finish im still on a hunt for a company who would cut Xpel clear protector.

I’m frustrated, and this piano black crap scratches from just cleaning it.

I'm pretty nitpicky on exterior paint, trim, wheels, windows, seats, carpet. The piano black dash trim doesn't really draw my attention though.

Back