Maintaining and protecting paint

coronablunts

:
2017 CX-5 GT TECH
Hey all, I'm new here just bought a new 2017 Cx-5 GT. Great car looks sharp and I want to keep it that way. I know there are tons of posts out there about this and so much info to sift through but I was hoping someone could give me a quick rundown.

I live in Northern Ontario, Canada and the winters are harsh, summers hot and lots of bugs. So after 1 week of driving this thing, the front of the car is already caked with bugs. There is a million bug and tar removal products. What's good? What should I stay away from? And is there an option that doesn't involve reapplying wax? Also how often should wax be applied?

Now since this is a brand new car the paint should have a factory wax job? Is this sufficient? Is there better stuff that can protect the paint over the winter months from salt, sand and ice? (Already got the Krown undercoat). Also, how often should it be washed in the winter, and would this change if it is parked in a heated garage? I've heard that salt will have more damaging effects once it is dried on.

Also what's the best product to wash it without removing wax? Should I use a wash that contains a wax like carnauba? And what are your thoughts on waterless wash products? I've seen lots of these as well.

There seems to be millions of products and methods and I just need a tried and tested option to go with. I almost sprayed some turtle wax bug and tar remover to remove the bugs before reading that I would have to reapply wax. I've never waxed a vehicle and don't know where to begin.

If anyone has any advice or information they're willing to share I would very appreciative. Thanks

I use this product "Aero Cosmetics Wash Wax ALL" and i love it. I got it on Amazon, used it in the winter and summer, it works for me. I apply it not in the direct sun and not when it is freezing outside, generally in my garage. Use it inside and outside the car even windows at least twice a month. There are millions of products and methods out there, and some work for some people and some don't work for the others.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v8JWEvBArf0

Here is a great thread with lots of useful information:

https://www.mazdas247.com/forum/showthread.php?123861636-How-To-Wash-Your-Car

I use this method roughly once a month, and over the months ive built a nice layer of wax on my car. Paint looks shiny and showroom new, and rainwater just beads on the paint.. looks awesome.

Your car was indeed waxed from the factory. Just be sure to wax your car 1-2 a month and your car will look great. The wax spray at the self serve car washes work great by the way.

You may want to consider doing a clear wrap on the front of the car.
Google XPEL ultimate clear wrap for more info.

Back