Tires??

mixmasterlove

Contributor
I was just told that I need to replace all 4 of my tires and my 2015 Mazda 6 GT has 41,000 miles. Does that seem normal?

Side note, it is my friend's shop.

Any recommendations on good all season replacements? The OEMs are almost $1,000 dollars.

OEM tires as a rule usually don't last very long. They're more aimed at making the car feel good on the test drive.
40k is normal.
Teslas are gone at 15K!

I was just told that I need to replace all 4 of my tires and my 2015 Mazda 6 GT has 41,000 miles. Does that seem normal?

Side note, it is my friend's shop.

Any recommendations on good all season replacements? The OEMs are almost $1,000 dollars.

Agreed 40k is average.

Go to tirerack.com and do the research on replacements yourself. All the information is there; tirerack.com tests, consumer reviews, prices....

Not normal. Can you post pictures of all 4 tires please?

My bet is that your fronts need to be replaced, but I know for a fact that your rear tires still have plenty of life left.

Teslas are heavy cars.... tires on them wear faster than others.

40K seems OK.
I would replace mine sooner to get better traction, but to each one's own choice.

Not normal. Can you post pictures of all 4 tires please?

My bet is that your fronts need to be replaced, but I know for a fact that your rear tires still have plenty of life left.

You're assuming the tires have never been rotated which you'd be a fool not to do.

You must be right. There's no way his friend, who owns a tire shop, knows more than you do; a guy on the internet who's never even seen a picture of the tires.

..or done any research apparently. Seems like 40K is actually pretty good for a 6 on 19's.
http://forum.mazda6club.com/mazda-6...resent/297945-stock-tire-wear-19-inchers.html

Again, we need to see the tires. You havent seen the tires yourself, so his tire shops opinion means nothing to any of us. Theres no way that the rears are also worn after just 40k unless your tires are that bad and were rotated frequently. Even then...

I got about 50k miles on my mazda 6 (17 Yokohamas, not the 19 Dunlop) and i replaced the fronts early on because of a flat. I havent rotated the tires yet, and the rears still have over 50% tread left at my mileage.

If I didnt get a flat tire which caused the need for new front tires early on and just rotated Every so often, I would still be on the original set which is why new tires all around at 40k alarms me.

New tires on the front at 40k? Believable. But all around? Hell no. And dont buy those Dunlops again.

Back