2017 CX-5 low rumbling sound when at a stop light

:
2017 CX-5 GT w/ Premium Pkg.
Recently I've noticed a low rumbling sound when I'm at a stop while in gear. I don't listen to music very loud so it's not too noticeable when music is on. I can only hear it when I'm in drive or reverse and foot on the brakes at a complete stop. As soon as I start moving or if I put the car in neutral the sound goes away. It's probably something normal that I might not have noticed before but the rumbling seems a bit louder recently than before. Any idea?

Sounds like you are hearing the engine vibrate on its motor mounts.

Is it normal for it to be that audible? Interestingly it started when I noticed my mileage hit 6666 miles few days ago :/

I think that if you have had a noticeable change in it, I would consider bringing to Mazda dealer for a closer inspection.

Since you are only experiencing this while under load, but stopped, it could be a loosened motor or transaxle mount.

Last edited:
I'll probably have it looked at next weekend. I had to use the a/c today, I don't hear the sound when a/c is turned on but once I turn it off I'll hear the rumble again. It's not all the time, it's only every so often, very weird. I'll have it looked at.

It's an automatic btw :)

Back