2017~2024 '17 sport - front seats could be a little...

sraenn

:
2017 CX5 sport
..flat?

does anyone else feel like theyre falling outta the seat when going around corners? its like this seat has NO bolstering/side support. hell, the tacoma i just traded in on this thing had seats which held me upright much better during hard cornering than this thing does. odd issue, from the company that pushes the zoom-zoom philosophy.

its really the only negative quirk. and yes, in before the usual this isnt a sportscar corrections. with the pedal down hard enough, i say is IS haha =)

jokes aside.. are there options/products out there somewhere for this? would the usual wet okole/coverking products maybe help due to the extra padding they have?

its a silly little thing but even just normal driving when going to the right, i feel like my left ass cheek is just falling away.. what an odd seat. i dislike it enough to buy aftermaket seats for this thing. the rest of the car is great.

I feel the same way plus that there is less thigh support and the seat cushion actually tilts slightly forward, downward, quite unstable.

so its not just me then.

next question.. were the seats changed going from 16 to 17? anyone happen to know?

Of course they are different, there’s plenty of photos on the internet. I hate the bolstered seats and wish they were completely flat. They’ve made the console very wide which adds a luxury appearance but made the seats very narrow so instead of sitting inside the bolster you sit on them.

The comfort of the seat and the steering wheel are my biggest complaints with this otherwise near perfect 35k car.

So does anyone know if he 2017 seats are more comfortable than the previous generation? The reason I ask is my wife lives in her car all day and complains about the flat non supportive seats in our 2014 that are giving her back pain.

Seat comfort is highly personal and can really only be judged by the individual.

Little off topic but why does the passenger seat not move back very far? My wife is always complaining she doesn't have enough leg-room. I know her Honda's pasenger seat goes back at least a foot further.

Little off topic but why does the passenger seat not move back very far? My wife is always complaining she doesn't have enough leg-room. I know her Honda's pasenger seat goes back at least a foot further.
It goes a lot further back if you lower it.

We had a 1st gen CX-5 and now own a '17. The wife find these seats more comfy than the older ones. I find them comfy as well.

theyre comfy yes, just strangely flat feeling. most car seats have a bolster kind of thing going on, on both sides, which support you so that you dont feel like youre falling out of your seat around a corner. these seats do, but they may as well not be there.

time for aftermarket seats i guess. /sigh more money hah =] but i was gonna do some stuff with this thing anyway, flash and de-cat maybe, that sort of thing.

consider adjusting seat height , rake and position ...
I found that sitting all the way down hugs my body the most but I don't have a good view of the road ...

The CX-5 was meant to be a higher sitting vehicle ...
so I sit 10-12 cranks up so my seat is very similar to passenger seat height...

I tried to emulate my lowest seating position and posture but 10-12 clicks up
the lever to move seat up... I push the seat as far forward with seatback at 100-110 degree
so I just have a slight bend at the elbow with my shoulder blades against the back of the seat.

my seat adjustments are a bit OCD ...
but I am a bit OCD and I think Mazda engineers are a bit OCD
making the CX-5 my OCD special. (shocked)

consider adjusting seat height , rake and position ...
I found that sitting all the way down hugs my body the most but I don't have a good view of the road ...

The CX-5 was meant to be a higher sitting vehicle ...
so I sit 10-12 cranks up so my seat is very similar to passenger seat height...

I tried to emulate my lowest seating position and posture but 10-12 clicks up
the lever to move seat up... I push the seat as far forward with seatback at 100-110 degree
so I just have a slight bend at the elbow with my shoulder blades against the back of the seat.

my seat adjustments are a bit OCD ...
but I am a bit OCD and I think Mazda engineers are a bit OCD
making the CX-5 my OCD special. (shocked)

Nice to know I'm not the only one OCD on the seat adjustments. Power seats (which both my vehicles have) are more convenient for making adjustments but I've always found manual ones easier to find the sweet spot. Anytime the seats get moved it's a Planes, Trains and Automobiles moment trying to find the right spot again.

so far im liking the recaro seats. expensive though, but that lumbar support cant be beat. im 5'9" 150, so i dont need one of those flat slumped seats that overweight ppl seem to tend toward.

now i have to decide to do this or performance stuff first =] probly this though, as i really, really specifically dislike the seats. i figure something that bothers me that much is something i should just deal with and be done with it.

We bought 2 CX-5s at the same time. A GT for me, and a Touring for her. I find the seats in the Touring (suede inserts instead of all leather) to be more comfortable and my butt doesn't slide around when cornering. May be less of an issue as the leather seats break in a little.

I am 6’ and moved from a 14 Camry to this CX 5 Grand Touring and the seats are not as long (thigh support) as the Toyota. And my gas leg always wants to rest against the center console, which I think is way too wide.

Back