Can I put anything other than a 2.3L turbo in my 2007 CX-7?

Ronald1967

:
2007 Mazda CX-7
After nickel and diming me for a year, my turbo finally took a dive and now the motor's ruined because I had to limp it into town. Will ANY other NON-TURBO motor bolt up to my car?!?!?! Please help.

After nickel and diming me for a year, my turbo finally took a dive and now the motor's ruined because I had to limp it into town. Will ANY other NON-TURBO motor bolt up to my car?!?!?! Please help.

With a new ECU yes. I think its doable.

Grab a 2.5L from a Mazda 6.

I have not seen anyone do another engine transplant on that car here.
But with the issues of that 2.3T motor in the early CX-7's, I am sure somewhere, someone else must have attempted it?
However sometimes on these swaps, you run into wire harness issues, ECU to Instrument cluster issues, different transmissions, radiator, and associated accessories on the motor, etc. You are best to do some serious research before spending the $$ money on a donor car or motor.

I know this post is almost a year old but I wanted to add to this for people looking. If you have a 2007-2009 CX-7 and want to swap a non-turbo engine you can swap in a 2.5 out of a 2010-2012.

You pretty much need the whole parts vehicle from auction, I didn't mess with trying to get the 2.5 to work with the 2.3 interior/transmission since i had the whole car and the 2010+ came with better features,
Any more questions feel free to ask

Can this work on ms6 also

I know this post is almost a year old but I wanted to add to this for people looking. If you have a 2007-2009 CX-7 and want to swap a non-turbo engine you can swap in a 2.5 out of a 2010-2012.

You pretty much need the whole parts vehicle from auction, I didn't mess with trying to get the 2.5 to work with the 2.3 interior/transmission since i had the whole car and the 2010+ came with better features,
Any more questions feel free to ask

Back