CX-9 Signature impressions

Take the 2017 BMW X5 for example. IMO looks cheap and dated next to the CX-9 signature. Wood is possibly real but looks like plastic. Lots of cheap matte plastic in the center stack. Dated controls. And most German luxury models at the lower end even up to some mid-level models come with fake leather seats. Feels like vinyl. Even the whole upper dash looks like cheap plastic compared to the leather feel on the CX-9.

And what's up with the rotary knob being on the passenger side? In Mazda's, it's right where the drivers hand rests over the armrest.

2017_bmw_x5_dashboard.jpg

Last edited:
Take the 2017 BMW X5 for example. IMO looks cheap and dated next to the CX-9 signature. Wood is possibly real but looks like plastic. Lots of cheap matte plastic in the center stack. Dated controls. And most German luxury models at the lower end even up to some mid-level models come with fake leather seats. Feels like vinyl. Even the whole upper dash looks like cheap plastic compared to the leather feel on the CX-9.

And what's up with the rotary knob being on the passenger side? In Mazda's, it's right where the drivers hand rests over the armrest.

2017_bmw_x5_dashboard.jpg

Super outdated interior in the X5. Looks to be lifted straight from a 2009 7 series. I have the same interior and dials in my 2011 5 series and I cant say its a bad interior, just outdated for 2014+.

The sweet sounding, free revving turbo Inline 6 and finely calibrated 8 speed almost make up for the vinyl seats and grossly overpriced sale figures.

Almost.

Back