Inventory is way out of whack

In our area there are several 18 Signatures in stock and one dealer had advertised a low price of 42,600$.

Nice. Be sure to post pics here once you get your delivery!

Will do :)

Agree that they make all the difference, and if I was shopping for a CX-9 I would get the signature, but this segment is full of family buyers, and families are often looking for a deal on a touring model rather then a signature. Yes the sig seems to be selling well, but the touring models are critical sales for Mazda because those who cannot afford the signature will turn to a different brand unless they know about the touring model.

You have to consider every type of buyer in this segment to be reasonable.

Certainly the Touring model deserves its place. Nothing against those that don't swing for the top trims.

My only point with this thread is that inventory is significantly different than actual sales proportion. I just did another inventory search. 100 mile radius - 80 Tourings, 10 Signatures. My point is Tourings don't outsell Sigs 8-1.

Will do :)

Certainly the Touring model deserves its place. Nothing against those that don't swing for the top trims.

My only point with this thread is that inventory is significantly different than actual sales proportion. I just did another inventory search. 100 mile radius - 80 Tourings, 10 Signatures. My point is Tourings don't outsell Sigs 8-1.

I suspect its because most signature models are custom ordered from the factory to the customers liking, which is why they dont stock many signatures.

I suspect its because most signature models are custom ordered from the factory to the customers liking, which is why they dont stock many signatures.

I don't know how it is in Canada, but in the US, almost no cars in this class are custom ordered. And since US Signatures have no options other than choosing your color, I can't imagine any Signatures are custom ordered at all--dealer would just keep checking incoming shipments for the desired color, and possibly do a dealer swap to divert your chosen color to them.

As Tex said, the Signature has no options and not even an interior color choice. Even AWD is standard. There's only 4 possible differences. Grey, silver, white, or black paint. Very easy vehicle to stock. As easy as it gets for a dealer.

What are the discounts on signatures?

You can get an '18 for about $2500 off MSRP. I'm sure some people could deal better but 2018's just arrived so there's no big incentive to unload them especially when it's slim pickings in most areas.

However the bigger deal is 0% financing up to 63 mo which Mazda is surprisingly offering on new arrivals.

That’s a good strategy by Mazda. It’s high time they offer these financing to boost sales. I had gotten 0.9%

That’s a good strategy by Mazda. It’s high time they offer these financing to boost sales. I had gotten 0.9%

Yup. Car buying rookies often don't realize the interest they pay too. On a $40K vehicle, you're paying about $4,000 in interest on a 60/mo term at a 4% interest rate.

Back