Aesthetic Modifications: Debadge

My ate is also crooked...******* dealer. It's not noticeable though. I didn't notice it for weeks. And you fuckers never pointed it out. Bwahaha

Condos ;)

And not my stuff. But I'll probably end up being the one dealing with it (long story).

Fair enough.

As an interim, you may wish to move it to a small storage room but all depends on your circumstances.

Best wishes anyways!

If I remove that, the symmetrical part of my brain will tell me to remove the CX-5 and AWD badges too.

Do it.. then put a tinted bubble plate cover on the car instead of some dealer advertisement.

It will look so much better. All those badges look so tacky and cluttered, I cant

Do it.. then put a tinted bubble plate cover on the car instead of some dealer advertisement.

It will look so much better. All those badges look so tacky and cluttered, I can’t
I don't have dealer plate covers ;)

I have these, simple black outline. Looks good with my Colorado plates :) and these are cheap.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/ (commissions earned)

Don't know what the hell these bubble things are you refer to.

I prefer an uncluttered look of the sheetmetal and would rather see the clean lines of the car rather then some tacky skyactiv badge. I guess its a matter of preference, but looks great to me.

ap7eci.jpg

2ntzgj9.jpg

I especially love the look on the BMW. You can see the fancy sheetmetal better.

23sf3sw.jpg

I don't have dealer plate covers ;)

I have these, simple black outline. Looks good with my Colorado plates :) and these are cheap.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/ (commissions earned)

Don't know what the hell these bubble things are you refer to.

I quoted a picture of my car with and without badges and then the plate cover.

dayam !!! quite a production, didn't think it would be this complicated to add a roof vent to your Subie : https://www.i-club.com/forums/ongoing-projects-31/diy-jdm-ra-rally-roof-vent-install-133182/
definitely before wife and kids for something like this... cheers LOL

That is the very thread that I used. It took me about 5 hours to do on a really hot and humid summer day. I also had to use a jigsaw instead of a dremel so extra drama/vibrations cutting that hole. The vent itself was a pricey piece of metal from Japan. It held up in NYC streets for the 8 years before I donated the car this June and made driving that much more fun. Good times!

You want my opinion? I personally don't like plasti dip anything, I think it makes it look cheap even more with the matte black unfinished paint look. Instead of plasti dip, I had my front chrome grill wrapped in black chrome vinyl and then I painted the fog light chrome ring and front/rear emblems with smoke polycarbonate paint to give it the black chrome look. Here's the pic of what I did on my mazda3, I feel the black chrome looks sportier/classier than plasti dip. That's just me tho. I plan on doing this on my cx-5 but I'm just a bit lazy getting started right now :/

37650674816_bec1e6dfce_b.jpg

35906639822_c3517aacc0_b.jpg

35267756283_1ce228589c_b.jpg

Did you take the front chrome grill off to black chrome it? I wonder if it difficult for the 2017 cx-5??

Did you take the front chrome grill off to black chrome it? I wonder if it difficult for the 2017 cx-5??

No didn't have to take it out to wrap. The cx5 grill seems a bit harder to wrap especially with black chrome vinyl, its harder to work with.

anyone else can share some pics of something fancy they have done to their car?

Mazda should also add a Grand Touring badge to the tail. If I pay $3000 extra, I want to show it off (nana)

Mazda should also add a Grand Touring badge to the tail. If I pay $3000 extra, I want to show it off (nana)

no lol, I hate it when the back of cars are covered in badges. I want to see the lines of the sheetmetal, not some stupid plastic badges covering it.

Back