Aesthetic Modifications: Debadge

I prefer an uncluttered look of the sheetmetal and would rather see the clean lines of the car rather then some tacky skyactiv badge. I guess it’s a matter of preference, but looks great to me.

I especially love the look on the BMW. You can see the fancy sheetmetal better.

Your cars look nice with and without but I don’t get a kick out of the slight difference that debadging makes. You still have rear lights and towing eye blanks etc. TBH, I would have to do a “spot the difference” on the two Mazda 6 pictures. I like your uncluttered garage look much more!!!

Your cars look nice with and without but I don’t get a kick out of the slight difference that debadging makes. You still have rear lights and towing eye blanks etc. TBH, I would have to do a “spot the difference” on the two Mazda 6 pictures. I like your uncluttered garage look much more!!!

Looks like a DIY carwash bay, unless I missed it.

I like debadging. Think it looks good I was going to debadge mine...I mean, my god, how many places must it say CX-5? But seeing as the only possible way to tell if the car is AWD? I'll be leaving it on for the day when I do sell it.

I like debadging. Think it looks good I was going to debadge mine...I mean, my god, how many places must it say CX-5? But seeing as the only possible way to tell if the car is AWD? I'll be leaving it on for the day when I do sell it.

I agree. I like the debadged look. It has a nice simplicity to it. I have thought about doing mine as well.

Can't say I like the look of plastidipped emblems though.

Agree don't like Plasti. Pet peeves is dealer plates. Surprises me how few people think to remove those.

Agree don't like Plasti. Pet peeves is dealer plates. Surprises me how few people think to remove those.

Oh yeah, that is one of the first things I took off mine. The worst are dealers that put their own badges and decals on the back of the car.

They aren't paying me to advertise!

Yea I know. It's best that I don't spend too much time and money on modifications. I had a subie before and I cut a hole in the roof for a rally vent. But that was before wife, house, kid, etc etc...

https://photos.app.goo.gl/QY2vQCB0riERYPUL2
https://photos.app.goo.gl/sBJOb0hWy9MDwyIL2

dayam !!! quite a production, didn't think it would be this complicated to add a roof vent to your Subie : https://www.i-club.com/forums/ongoing-projects-31/diy-jdm-ra-rally-roof-vent-install-133182/
definitely before wife and kids for something like this... cheers LOL

-The plate covers are useful but I still replace them with a tinted bubble one. Looks better

-you can always take off plastidip and I never liked it before either, but with a clear layer on top it turned out very nice.

-I hate cars that are covered in badges... I cant stand it. Who needs to know about the skyactiv tech it has, which Mazda it is, what dealership you bought it from...

Last edited:
I find it curious that owners are far more concerned about not having badges.

Some people like tinted windows, others don't. Some people like computers with glass windows and lights inside, others don't. Some people like to customize thier phone (Android), others don't (Apple).
I find it no more curious then any of those use case scenarios. [emoji16]

I've also been in the camp that doesn't really understand the de-badging thing. Although, I might consider removing the SkyActiv badge, just because it is such dumb, ambiguous branding fluff.

I've also been in the camp that doesn't really understand the de-badging thing. Although, I might consider removing the SkyActiv badge, just because it is such dumb, ambiguous branding fluff.
Right? This means nothing to... I still may remove that.

Back