Aesthetic Modifications: Debadge

GJ-Molestor

Banned
:
2011 BMW 528i, 2015 Mazda 6, 1995 Nissan Maxima Manual
Has anyone debadged the booty on their CX-5? I did it on my Mazda 6 and it turned out great. Posting here because the CX-5 section is more active.

My badges personally were held together by glue which I lightly scraped off with the edge of a credit card. However someone else with a CX-5 tried to take theirs off and it was held together by some sort of plug, meaning you would need to patch the holes or just put the badge back. Anyways, I think it looks super clean. If anyone wants to do simple aesthetic modifications to their car, this is where you start.

2eg5eky.jpg

I also plastidipped the Mazda badge up front, added a clear coat layer on the top for a nicer OEM looking texture and it turned out amazing... love the look. From far away the front of the car has this mean looking black snout and it looks really good with the paint. Nothing major was done here, but I can happily say that the car is somewhat set apart from the rest of the stock Mazdas on the road now.

sy42fk.jpg

De Badge? I thought you liked Mazdas. Now you have a black plastic M and not a nice, finished one.

Leave em on for resale value. If I'm looking at a used car and see badges missing, I figure it's been wrecked and painted.

Really GJ? This topic has been done several times already.

Pre-2017 CX-5 debadge fine. 2017's do not and have the holes.

Edit: Also why did you cover the plate on one picture and not the other? (lol2)

De Badge? I thought you liked Mazdas. Now you have a black plastic M and not a nice, finished one.

Leave em on for resale value. If I'm looking at a used car and see badges missing, I figure it's been wrecked and painted.

Eh, looks far better in person blacked out. Not a fan of the cheap chrome.

Its plastidip, so it will easily come off should the next owner want to take it off. Its just protecting the chrome in the meantime lol.

I really like the look with the Mazda 6 and skyactiv badge removed. Clean.

Really GJ? This topic has been done several times already.

Pre-2017 CX-5 debadge fine. 2017's do not and have the holes.

Edit: Also why did you cover the plate on one picture and not the other? (lol2)

Lol, I dont know the plate covers were all mismatched over the months as I would switch them between the two cars. I need to buy more so both cars just have em front and back.

Has anyone debadged the booty on their CX-5? I did it on my Mazda 6 and it turned out great. Posting here because the CX-5 section is more active.

My badges personally were held together by glue which I lightly scraped off with the edge of a credit card. However someone else with a CX-5 tried to take theirs off and it was held together by some sort of plug, meaning you would need to patch the holes or just put the badge back. Anyways, I think it looks super clean. If anyone wants to do simple aesthetic modifications to their car, this is where you start.

2eg5eky.jpg

I also plastidipped the Mazda badge up front, added a clear coat layer on the top for a nicer OEM looking texture and it turned out amazing... love the look. From far away the front of the car has this mean looking black snout and it looks really good with the paint. Nothing major was done here, but I can happily say that the car is somewhat set apart from the rest of the stock Mazdas on the road now.

sy42fk.jpg

Once again,a topic that has been discussed numerous times here,on a CX-5 to boot...

Indeed it has. A simple search of Google search bar above has found the dedicated thread here:

For those who want their 2017 Mazda CX5 debadged

I wanted to see if anyone wants to comment on the Mazda 6 and what they think of my aesthetic mods lol

You want my opinion? I personally don't like plasti dip anything, I think it makes it look cheap even more with the matte black unfinished paint look. Instead of plasti dip, I had my front chrome grill wrapped in black chrome vinyl and then I painted the fog light chrome ring and front/rear emblems with smoke polycarbonate paint to give it the black chrome look. Here's the pic of what I did on my mazda3, I feel the black chrome looks sportier/classier than plasti dip. That's just me tho. I plan on doing this on my cx-5 but I'm just a bit lazy getting started right now :/

37650674816_bec1e6dfce_b.jpg

35906639822_c3517aacc0_b.jpg

35267756283_1ce228589c_b.jpg

You want my opinion? I personally don't like plasti dip anything, I think it makes it look cheap even more with the matte black unfinished paint look. Instead of plasti dip, I had my front chrome grill wrapped in black chrome vinyl and then I painted the fog light chrome ring and front/rear emblems with smoke polycarbonate paint to give it the black chrome look. Here's the pic of what I did on my mazda3, I feel the black chrome looks sportier/classier than plasti dip. That's just me tho. I plan on doing this on my cx-5 but I'm just a bit lazy getting started right now :/

37650674816_bec1e6dfce_b.jpg

35906639822_c3517aacc0_b.jpg

35267756283_1ce228589c_b.jpg

Looks cool. I agree on the plastidip, but the texture and finish of it looks really similar to the rest of the plastic around the car if you use a clear coat on top.

I will get around to wrapping or properly painting the trim black chrome eventually. Fortunately dip is temporary and still looks better then stock with my paint :)

Why did you mask your front plate when just in the pic above your rear was visible?

Why did you mask your front plate when just in the pic above your rear was visible?

These are just random pics Ive gathered over the months and some I blocked the plate some I didnt (using Snapchat for example)

I dont really care if someone sees the plate or not. Thats not really the point anyways lol

Oh I like that classy black chrome! And here I was thinking about keeping the car completely stock... I really gotta stop looking at these threads.

Oh I like that classy black chrome! And here I was thinking about keeping the car completely stock... I really gotta stop looking at these threads.

It looks really good with the circular brake lights and the front of the car is mean as hell now. Theres nothing wrong with doing some basic aesthetic mods to make your car sort of stand out from stock. It really looks awesome in person.

They dont need to be expensive or time consuming. I just removed the badges with a credit card to clean up the look. Next plastidip the chrome or just sand it down with fine sandpaper, tint the windows, maybe smoke the rear lights, and your ride will look personal, unique and clean.

Sorry, I really don’t get this debadging thing.

I prefer an uncluttered look of the sheetmetal and would rather see the clean lines of the car rather then some tacky skyactiv badge. I guess its a matter of preference, but looks great to me.

ap7eci.jpg

2ntzgj9.jpg

I especially love the look on the BMW. You can see the fancy sheetmetal better.

23sf3sw.jpg

Back