Your first oil change!

Pretty interesting article about warnings of extended (15k) oil changes https://blog.modbargains.com/15000-mile-oil-change-myth/

That said not sure why they include pics from super extreme conditions?

"Why do I have such a problem with this lengthy oil change recommendation?
For Manufacturers like BMW, Ford and Mercedes that offer pre-paid scheduled maintenance services, it makes financial sense for them to push out the intervals as long as possible so they have to pay for as few as possible. While today’s oils are dramatically improved over the oil products of just a decade ago – with some even guaranteed for 15,000 miles, there are so many variables to wear and the contaminants that can end up in your oil that such a recommendation could be causing a lot of premature wear and gunking up the inside of your motor. After the warranty period is up, the manufacturer is totally off the hook for your engine, but the thing is, the long term harm of these short intervals probably won’t rear its ugly head till after 100,000 miles – at which point you might need an engine or a very expensive repair service. It’s almost planned obsolescence in action through mechanical failure by deliberate design. "

what? the whole point of the article is about the problem with lengthy oil change intervals. But to then state "the long term harm of these short intervals"....

(uhm)

what? the whole point of the article is about the problem with lengthy oil change intervals. But to then state "the long term harm of these short intervals"....

(uhm)

Probably a typo?

Elsewhere it states:

"Service shops are seeing engines that happily ran for 300,000 miles a few years ago on shorter intervals are now barely making it to 150k. What’s more, manufacturers are starting to admit they’re wrong about such prolonged oil change intervals as time has passed and cars running these lengthy intervals are having problems are breaking, meaning manufacturers are having to send out recall after recall to shorten the intervals after a huge increase in warranty claims."

To me this means service shops see less of the 300k engines (with shorter intervals) and more 150k hitter quitters.

Probably a typo?

Elsewhere it states:

"Service shops are seeing engines that happily ran for 300,000 miles a few years ago on shorter intervals are now barely making it to 150k. What’s more, manufacturers are starting to admit they’re wrong about such prolonged oil change intervals as time has passed and cars running these lengthy intervals are having problems are breaking, meaning manufacturers are having to send out recall after recall to shorten the intervals after a huge increase in warranty claims."

To me this means service shops see less of the 300k engines (with shorter intervals) and more 150k hitter quitters.

yeah, but that's one hell of a typo contradicting himself right at the end of the 2nd paragraph.

I do agree with your interpretation.

Got a big question....
So its about time I make the Oil Change on my car, although not sure what oil to use...
I bought:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/ (commissions earned)
Currently it has a Dealer Synthetic Oil and 9,500 miles (15,000km) with this particular oil... its about time to change it but not sure if I should use liquimoly or not...
Mazda 3, 2.5, 2015
The car has 46,700 miles (75,000km) overall..
Here are my doubts..
1st: Its it ok to use this oil on this engine?
2nd: If I change it... I cannot go back to the original oil?
3rd: Should I just stay with 0w-20 fully syntethic?
Please if you could answer this dilema for me will be greatly apreciated.
THanks!

Got a big question....
So its about time I make the Oil Change on my car, although not sure what oil to use...
I bought:
Currently it has a Dealer Synthetic Oil and 9,500 miles (15,000km) with this particular oil... its about time to change it but not sure if I should use liquimoly or not...
Mazda 3, 2.5, 2015
Here are my doubts..
THanks!
Honestly I wouldnt wait for 9,500 miles to change oil, especially you dont know what kind of oil you currently have! Follow Mazda recommended 5,000~7,500 miles OCI that would be the best.

Change your oil ASAP which is more important than worrying about what kind of oil you need to use. Any reputable 0W-20 full synthetic oil should be fine although I prefer Mazda 0W-20 moly oil.

Any synthetic 0w-20 oil meeting GL 5 specs is good. My personal preference is Pennzoil Platinum 0w-20, $25 per 5 quart jug at the local Walmart. Stick with the Mazda oil filter.

Got a big question....
I bought:
Mazda 3, 2.5, 2015
Here are my doubts..
THanks!

Ive been using liqui moly 5w30 in my car for some time now, its a good oil.

Back