PE01-14-302A-MV (Value Product) Oil Filter?

rj_make

:
CX5
I just received a case of oil filters and didn't notice it was listed at 'value product'. Are these 'OK', or should I send them back. I paid 80 bucks for 12 filters and crush washers.

P_20171012_165907.jpg

Good filters and you received new sealing washers also. Good deal I think. Ps these are not crush washers. Ed

I personally would get non-value-line maintenance parts especially when the price difference is this small.

There're now 3 OEM Mazda SkyActiv oil filters:

OEM Mazda
SkyActiv Oil Filters
PE01-14-302AMade in Japan with the best quality.
Comes with greased O-ring type gasket、
shrink wrapped seal on top preventing dust、
and packaged in a sealed paper box.
1WPE-14-302Made in Thailand.
Smaller in outside diameter than PE01-14-302A.
Comes with greased O-ring type gasket、
shrink wrapped seal on top preventing dust、
and packaged in a non-sealed paper box.
PE01-14-302A-MVMade in Mexico.
Comes with non-greased flat gasket、
shrink wrapped seal on entire filter、
and no paper box.

Based on picture provided by madar, Mazda OEM value-line PE01-14-302A-MV oil filter does look different from Wix 57002. But I'd still get PE01-14-302A-MV OEM "value" filter if there's no other OEM choices! :)
Actually there's a newer PE01-14-302B oil filter in Japan used in 2017 CX-5. Not sure if this revised "B" version Japanese made oil filter would be available in the US?

attachment.php

View attachment 216907

Mazda's OEM filters are small, I would change them every 3000 miles. that way your oil will stay clean for a lot longer.

Mazda's OEM filters are small, I would change them every 3000 miles. that way your oil will stay clean for a lot longer.

Or just do it when you get your regularly scheduled oil changes (i.e. 5k - 7.5k miles). (scratch)

Off topic: Is this a new emoticon? Lmao! (doughpoke

Or just do it when you get your regularly scheduled oil changes (i.e. 5k - 7.5k miles). (scratch)

Off topic: Is this a new emoticon? Lmao! (doughpoke

sure, that works too.

I change my oil filter every 3000 miles regardless because they are small and don't really filter anything after 3000 miles. about .5-1 quart is drained when I do this which I then top off, and the oil is good to go for almost 10,000 mile intervals if it is good quality.

the oil is good to go for almost 10,000 mile intervals if it is good quality.

I thought you recommended 5k mile oil change intervals,or do you really even know? I know you haven't provided analysis to back any of your claims yet,so....

I thought you recommended 5k mile oil change intervals,or do you really even know? I know you haven't provided analysis to back any of your claims yet,so....

Well since that's what we're doing now, I am recommending oil changes every 5,487 miles. If you change it at 5,488 it's all over, might as well buy a new car. Change the filter every 1,337 miles. (cryhard)

My claims are backed up in the owners manual which states to change oil everybody 5000miles under more extreme conditions, just like I said.

I cut open an oil filter that had been used for 3000 Miles and it was dirty. We got other users on here saying the exact same thing, that these filters are small and dont have much use after 3000 Miles. I dont know how much more assertions you need regarding this manner.

Well since that's what we're doing now, I am recommending oil changes every 5,487 miles. If you change it at 5,488 it's all over, might as well buy a new car. Change the filter every 1,337 miles. (cryhard)

I bought a pack of 3 filters with my first oil change. Didn't realize my mind was telling me they were all to be used within that oil change. Oops,my bad,noted...

My claims are backed up in the owners manual which states to change oil everybody 5000miles under more extreme conditions, just like I said.

I cut open an oil filter that had been used for 3000 Miles and it was dirty. We got other users on here saying the exact same thing, that these filters are small and don’t have much use after 3000 Miles. I don’t know how much more assertions you need regarding this manner.

Of course an oil filter is dirty,that's it's job,duh...

I do 5k Mile changes,just did one Wednesday as a matter of fact,along with a tire rotation. Computer monitoring showed 30% oil life left at 4700 miles,which is probably true. I'm not mad at it,maybe I should be because it sure as hell didn't tell Me to change my filter at 3k miles...

I do 5k Mile changes,just did one Wednesday as a matter of fact,along with a tire rotation. Computer monitoring showed 30% oil life left at 4700 miles,which is probably true. I'm not mad at it,maybe I should be because it sure as hell didn't tell Me to change my filter at 3k miles...

just relax a little.

we can all agree that while it isnt necessary, there is nothing wrong with replacing an oil filter once it has reached it's limit of effectiveness, correct? this is useful for people who plan to keep the car for a long time. after 3000 miles, your engine oil suddenly gets dirty quicker because the filter isnt really filtering anymore.

What's your driving habits...stop and go with short trips?

What's your driving habits...stop and go with short trips?

50/50. First oil change consisted of about 4x 550 mile highway trips,along with a 200 mile one,coupled with stop and go for the other half (2kish miles)...

just relax a little.

we can all agree that while it isnt necessary, there is nothing wrong with replacing an oil filter once it has reached it's limit of effectiveness, correct? this is useful for people who plan to keep the car for a long time. after 3000 miles, your engine oil suddenly gets dirty quicker because the filter isnt really filtering anymore.

No,we can't all agree to this because you've yet to show the filter's effectiveness is gone at 3000 miles. And,guess what,you can't,and you won't. Go right ahead and change it,it's your time and money,but you need to stop acting like science is on your side and not changing the filter at 3k miles is breaking the laws of it,because it's not,and every car manufacturer disagrees with you. Talk with the guys at Jiffy Lube and those such places,I'm sure those guys will agree with you because they'd love for everyone to come get their oil and filter changed every 3k miles,or even just the filter...$$$

sure, that works too.

I change my oil filter every 3000 miles regardless because they are small and don't really filter anything after 3000 miles. about .5-1 quart is drained when I do this which I then top off, and the oil is good to go for almost 10,000 mile intervals if it is good quality.

just relax a little.

WTF are you talking about man?

So you're saying that at 3001 miles the filter stops doing it's job? Does the oil magically stop passing through the filter media after 3k miles? You really need to stop trying to sound like such an authority on everything to do with oil, it's not very becoming.

I will say that you're right, nothing wrong with changing the filter at 3k miles but it's not because the damn thing has stopped working.

Back