PE01-14-302A-MV (Value Product) Oil Filter?

One thing I keep forgetting to do. I've got some super powerful magnets. Place one on my oil filter...other on oil pan.

My claims are backed up in the owners manual which states to change oil everybody 5000miles under more extreme conditions, just like I said.

I cut open an oil filter that had been used for 3000 Miles and it was dirty. We got other users on here saying the exact same thing, that these filters are small and dont have much use after 3000 Miles. I dont know how much more assertions you need regarding this manner.

Wow Mazdas oil filter is tiny. Thanks for sharing.

The filter is obviously dirty, but its not sludged up or anything although you preferably wouldnt want to keep that filter in there for any longer then 7-8k.

dude. just stop.

Children children!

Look at post #12 https://forum.miata.net/vb/showthread.php?t=534688

A guy cut open a Mazda OEM (toyo roki) filter and compared to a Purolator filter. The Purolator had damage. The Mazda looked very uniform. Apparently according to BITOG forums the Purolators are very hit and miss.

After finishing my Wix stock I may revert back to OEM Mazda filters myself. Even if they are MV.

My thoughts exactly. I think folks should rest assure the MV OEM filter has quality to it.

You designed that? Magneto approves!!!

Yea, At first oil change I'm going to try it out. It's 3D printed in ABS, but I'm not sure if ABS will have the necessary thermal properties to deal with the oil temp.

I'm expecting to see your magneto design for 3 easy payments of $9.99 when i'm channel surfing at 2am soon.

I'm expecting to see your magneto design for 3 easy payments of $9.99 when i'm channel surfing at 2am soon.

"But wait there's more; if you act now I'll double your order. Just pay 29.97 for SH and Handling and I'll send a second one for FREE" (rofl2)

Yes, exactly!

"Quantities are limited. Our operators are standing by! 1-800-MAG-MY-OIL"

We've been watching too much TV...

"Now check this out. We have this item worth 8 Billion dollars. It can be yours for 5 EZ payments of $29.95."

I just received a case of oil filters and didn't notice it was listed at 'value product'. Are these 'OK', or should I send them back. I paid 80 bucks for 12 filters and crush washers.

View attachment 217575
Some Mazda dealers are selling aftermarket parts of questionable quality under the name of Mazda Value. They charge OEM prices for these.
The reason I know this is I bought a cabin and engine air filter for self install from my Mazda dealer. I ended up getting this crud.
Just checked my invoice and noticed they also installed a Mazda Value oil filter with my oil change.

Needless to say, I am not at all happy. I will not return to the dealer [John Hine Mazda in San Diego] for any type of servicing.

For the prices they charge I want true OEM parts. If I wanted aftermarket parts I would have gone to jiffy lube.

Some Mazda dealers are selling aftermarket parts of questionable quality under the name of Mazda Value. They charge OEM prices for these.
This’s really a fraud by a car dealer. If I were you I’d report this to Mazda North American Operations and BBB.

The reason I know this is I bought a cabin and engine air filter for self install from my Mazda dealer. I ended up getting this crud.
For CX-5, the part number for Mazda genuine non-charcoal cabin filter is KD45-61-J6X, and Mazda Value Products non-charcoal cabin filter is KD45-61-J6X-MV.

C9FD5058-FC0E-487E-9347-9C2E27CEC968.jpeg

For CX-5 2.5L the part number for Mazda genuine engine air filter is PE07-13-3A0A, and Mazda Value Products engine air filter is PE07-13-3A0A-MV. Actually my Mazda dealer doesn’t even carry Value Products engine air filter PE07-13-3A0A-MV which makes me believe there’s no such product until I searched online.

10E390E0-463D-402D-80ED-43574C6D75B0.jpeg
538FF3D2-DC3E-4CF1-B69F-C3A0C177F8CD.jpeg

So did you get “counterfeit” Mazda Value Products filters with MV part number printed on the packaging and invoice, or did you get some aftermarket brand filters with totally different part numbers?

Just checked my invoice and noticed they also installed a Mazda Value oil filter with my oil change.
Honestly this’s normal for every Mazda dealer as Mazda North American Operations created this cheaper Value Products line on maintenance parts mainly for its dealers to use and let them have a way making more profit under the name of genuine OEM parts IMO.

Needless to say, I am not at all happy. I will not return to the dealer [John Hine Mazda in San Diego] for any type of servicing.
At least my Mazda dealer will do maintenance with more expensive non-Value-Products maintenance parts and Mazda Moly oil if you’re willing to pay the price difference. I’d imagine your Mazda dealer is willing to do the same.

For the prices they charge I want true OEM parts. If I wanted aftermarket parts I would have gone to jiffy lube.
Yes, I agree. I’d pay a little more for non-Value-Products maintenance parts (except cabin air filter ;)) because I want better genuine OEM quality. This whole Value-Products maintenance parts line is ridiculous to me. Only Mazda (actually MNAO) is doing this among all car manufactures in the US which confuses too many Mazda car owners!

For CX-5, the part number for Mazda genuine non-charcoal cabin filter is KD45-61-J6X, and Mazda Value Products non-charcoal cabin filter is KD45-61-J6X-MV.
BTW, there seems to be a Mazda genuine non-charcoal cabin air filter with different (newer) part number KD45-61-J6X-9U which superseded KD45-61-J6X mentioned above. The packaging is different and it looks like a Value Products white paper box. It doesn’t say where is it made, and the previous KD45-61-J6X non-Value-Products cabin filter is made in Japan.

631881C2-CD1D-4DE2-9F01-F63676BCBC0F.jpeg

Last edited:
Yeah, I don't get the value products line. If its up to snuff, just call it the Mazda part and take the cost reduction. If its not up to snuff, don't sell it with Mazda's name on it.

I think this is marketing to benefit the dealers. If they do the replacement work they can install and charge for the higher priced item, but parts department can sell the lower priced product for people who are cost sensitive or independent mechanic shops...

Back