How Long Did Your Brakes Last?

GJ-Molestor

Banned
:
2011 BMW 528i, 2015 Mazda 6, 1995 Nissan Maxima Manual
55k Miles On original brakes. Fronts look good with about 10k of life left. The rears are almost done and need to be replaced soon.

Thanks to CX-5ums confirmation, we know that the OEM pads for the Mazda 6 are TRW. Im happy with the pads and overall stopping power of the brakes. Pedal feel is good and easy to modulate. I will be upgrading the rotors to something more shiny (and therefore more effective) like EBC or Centric, because the OEM rotors warp too easily. For the pads I may try out some German OEM Stuff (better quality material) such as Textar, Ferodo, Pagid although TRW is also great Stuff.

When changing your brakes, dont forget to lube the caliper sliding pins and do a full brake flush. You dont need to bed your new pads in unless they are high performance. Drive normal avoiding ABS and any sort of hard braking for 500-1000miles and they will bed well. If anyone wants to know more about brakes, strongly recommend you take a look at this thread. Anchorman has provided us with some very informative and knowledgeable information covering stuff like why German OEM brakes are better, etc.

https://www.mazdas247.com/forum/showthread.php?123861722-Brake-Upgrade

Back