Factory Tint (2012)

1323N7

:
2012 Mazda CX-9
Hey all,

My apologies if this was covered in another topic but I wasn't having much luck getting the answers with search results nor my owners manual.

Does anyone knows what the factory tint is on the 2012 Mazda CX-9?

Many sources state that most SUV's made within the last 5-10 years have a 15% tint on the back/rear windows, can anyone confirm?

Thanks in advance!

Can't confirm but I would bet one of the police departments in the area has the meter to measure it.
Or depending where you live and have safety inspections they probably will as well.

Hey all,

My apologies if this was covered in another topic but I wasn't having much luck getting the answers with search results nor my owners manual.

Does anyone knows what the factory tint is on the 2012 Mazda CX-9?

Many sources state that most SUV's made within the last 5-10 years have a 15% tint on the back/rear windows, can anyone confirm?

Thanks in advance!

if your rear windows are tinted, it's either 15 or 20%.

Just got the windows tinted by a great (and expensive, gulp...)
custom automotive shop. I went with Llumar 80% on the windshield, 20% in the front and 50% over the second row on back.
Very happy with the heat rejection. Love the look. Lifetime warranty on the tint.

attachment.php

Last edited:
Update to my last post.

Llumar windshield tint had to go. Grainy, pixelated vision happening when lights or anything reflective
came into view... including lighter colored vehicles.
Had it replaced and it was even worse. Buh-Bye.
The rest of the car looks great.

Back