CX 9 Jerking randomly. PLLLLEEAASSSSEEE HELP

Kellygirl924

:
2015 CX9
Hello I have a mazda CX 9 with Now 40,00 miles on it. I have had this car for 11 days. I have recently been feeling random jerks, kickback or bumps.... It feels like I have been hit from behind. Any sharp left or right turn or even after pulling out or into a parking spot I will get a jerk. shifting from reverse to drive or even after a stop light. I have driven it with two different mechanics and the car does not jerk. They think I'm going crazy. Only one has felt the jerk at the mazda dealership. I left it at the dealer today and there are no codes for them to do a diagnostic test, but he will do another test run. It drives perfectly fine but jerks daily and least 4-5 times a day when I drive it or my husband. It very frustrating because Mazda was not my first choice of truck but I have grown to love it. I have seen a few other similar incidents but no real answers as to what it can be. Please help cause Im ready to give this car back..... I have seen others say they have felt the jerk when the AC is on. I do drive with the AC ON!

I'd keep taking it back to the dealership. They make a note every time you bring it in and after so many visits, they're forced to do something.

I had a similar issue with a VW Jetta we bought. It would randomly die on us, but never with a VW technician in the car. Frustrating stuff. It went back to veedub via Lemon Law after it finally left a VW mechanic stranded on the freeway.

Good luck!

Hello I have a mazda CX 9 with Now 40,00 miles on it. I have had this car for 11 days. I have recently been feeling random jerks, kickback or bumps.... It feels like I have been hit from behind. Any sharp left or right turn or even after pulling out or into a parking spot I will get a jerk. shifting from reverse to drive or even after a stop light. I have driven it with two different mechanics and the car does not jerk. They think I'm going crazy. Only one has felt the jerk at the mazda dealership. I left it at the dealer today and there are no codes for them to do a diagnostic test, but he will do another test run. It drives perfectly fine but jerks daily and least 4-5 times a day when I drive it or my husband. It very frustrating because Mazda was not my first choice of truck but I have grown to love it. I have seen a few other similar incidents but no real answers as to what it can be. Please help cause Im ready to give this car back..... I have seen others say they have felt the jerk when the AC is on. I do drive with the AC ON!

does the car still jerk with the A/C off?

look at the idle when the car jerks. does it move around? or does it also happen when you are driving and not idling?

based on some of the symptoms you describe, i suspect that it could be worn suspension components.

I thought I was the only one. No you're not going crazy. I think I know exactly what you mean. When it happens, I actually have to check my rearview mirror because I thought someone bumped into me. It's annoying but the extra load on the 4 cylinder is quite high as I would see the rpm go up a bit

I thought I was the only one. No you're not going crazy. I think I know exactly what you mean. When it happens, I actually have to check my rearview mirror because I thought someone bumped into me. It's annoying but the extra load on the 4 cylinder is quite high as I would see the rpm go up a bit

Could it be HLA over compensation(?). Hill Launch Assist (HLA) works in both Drive and Reverse, but from a condition where breaks were applied and only 2-seconds after break release to temporarily resist the effect gravity acting opposite direction of slope. In my 2017, on flat road conditions while at a stop, I sense what feels like a slight 'dip' in the rear suspension when releasing breaks form a full stop. I actually like the way it feels and have become accustomed to it after several months of driving - though it took some getting used to. I barely recognize it at all anymore unless I release the breaks and then immediately re-apply them firmly to a full stop.

Looks like the OP has a 2015 CX-9 and her symptoms seem to be unrelated to breaking or HLA. However, you say you are seeing an increase in RPM associated with your "jerk." I get no such RPM increase when releasing the break pedal from a full stop on a flat surface until I use the throttle, naturally of course.

All "jerks" may not be created equal, is my only point here. One persons "jerk" could be another persons "pull" being felt as a "jerk." Maybe "lurch" might be a better descriptor for the OP. Could be an engine misfire in one of the cylinders, again feeling like a "jerk" while on the throttle. However, that would be expected as reproducible during the Tech Ride at the dealer, I would think. So, I'm at a loss.

OP, is it a "lurch" or a "shudder/shimmy?"

I had a Corvette once that had a slight "wiggle" in the rear on hard acceleration but this was normal and every C5 owner knows about it. It was uncomfortable and unsettling never having owned a Corvette before. After a while, I stopped noticing it and it became another Vette "quirk" that got added to the list of other known Vette quirks.

Back