New CX-5 Owner Looking For Recommended Oil Brand/Type?

Do you seriously think that Mazda recommends 5k-7.5k oil changes for no reason?

Hey I do mine every 5k.

Again, actual oil analysis reports disagree with your above statement and I quote:

GJ-Molestor said:
most oils, unless you are using very good quality racing oil like motul is basically sheared down and useless at 5000 miles anyways.

Stop with this BS. Or better yet post your own oil analysis that backs this up. There are a myriad of them already and they prove this statement incorrect as far as the Skyactiv engine is concerned.

all good advice. if there was a way to change your oil filter without draining all your oil like on a german car, that would help lots.

I recommend changing your oil every 5000 miles purely because of the filters. most oils, unless you are using very good quality racing oil like motul is basically sheared down and useless after 5000 miles anyways.

what car requires the oil to be drained to replace the filter? Is the filter somehow attached directly to the oil pan?

most oils, unless you are using very good quality racing oil like motul is basically sheared down and useless after 5000 miles anyways.

Well in Europe they recommend 12,500 miles on 0W20.. how do you feel about that?

That’s fine if you change your oil filter every 3000 Miles...

Hypocritical answers you got there...

So is oil fine to 12,500 miles,or is oil useless after 5,000 miles?

Truth is,your answers are all over the place and you have no idea what you're talking about...

Back