Android Auto may never be coming

Status
Not open for further replies.
:
CX-5 Touring
I emailed Mazda Customer Service today, to inquire about when Android Auto will be released for the 2017 CX-5. Based on their response, I didn't feel confident that it will ever be released.

Dear Scott,
Thank you for contacting Mazda Customer Experience Center about Android Auto.
At this time, there is not a release date for Android Auto and Apple Car Play. I know they are still being explored by Mazda engineers.
Is there a specific component of Android Auto that you are looking for?
Please give me a reply at your convenience by replying to this email or by calling the 800 number below.
Looking forward to hearing from you.

The thing that stood out to me was, "...still being explored by Mazda engineers". It sounds to me like they haven't even decided whether or not they're going to integrate it.

I then came across this article by CNET from a few weeks ago
https://www.cnet.com/google-amp/news/toyota-mazda-to-share-next-gen-infotainment-platform/

I understand Mazda announced they would be integrating it a few months ago, but it sound like they've now decided to head in a completely different direction with the infotainment system.

Somebody please convince me that I'm wrong, this is depressing.

I emailed Mazda Customer Service today, to inquire about when Android Auto will be released for the 2017 CX-5. Based on their response, I didn't feel confident that it will ever be released.

Dear Scott,
Thank you for contacting Mazda Customer Experience Center about Android Auto.
At this time, there is not a release date for Android Auto and Apple Car Play. I know they are still being explored by Mazda engineers.
Is there a specific component of Android Auto that you are looking for?
Please give me a reply at your convenience by replying to this email or by calling the 800 number below.
Looking forward to hearing from you.

The thing that stood out to me was, "...still being explored by Mazda engineers". It sounds to me like they haven't even decided whether or not they're going to integrate it.

I then came across this article by CNET from a few weeks ago
https://www.cnet.com/google-amp/news/toyota-mazda-to-share-next-gen-infotainment-platform/

I understand Mazda announced they would be integrating it a few months ago, but it sound like they've now decided to head in a completely different direction with the infotainment system.

Somebody please convince me that I'm wrong, this is depressing.

there could be other reasons, but I know that one of the reasons why Mazda is hesitant is because these android/apple car apps are primarily being used to track your driving behavior so these companies can use it for autonomous driving research.

(popcorn)

giphy.gif

Mazda-_Global-_Tech-_Roll-out-plan.jpg

Maybe when the next version of MZD comes out in 2019 (as per above)

there could be other reasons, but I know that one of the reasons why Mazda is hesitant is because these android/apple car apps are primarily being used to track your driving behavior so these companies can use it for autonomous driving research.

That's fine. Track my driving behavior all you want. I hope Google and Apple do a bunch of research on self driving cars, I want one of those in the future too. In the meantime, may I please have Android Auto?

It'll either come in the new version of the Mazda Connect system, or it will never come at all. Does anyone know if there are fees to be paid to support that feature? If so, how much? Maybe Mazda is just not wanting to pay that fee.

Too many threads over the same topic with the same outcomes(locked)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back