GPS Searching for signal

ssimms

:
2015 Mazda CX-5 Grand Touring AWD
Hello everyone, first time poster,

I just purchased a new to me 2015 CX-5 GT. I am loving it so far, but I have a few concerns regarding:

- GPS
- Advanced Key System

I figured I would start with the GPS, here in the audio/infotainment thread. When starting the GPS, it is always looking for a signal, but can never communicate with any satellites. I remember reading somewhere that some of these cars did not have their GPS's 'plugged in' from the factory somewhere on another forum. I am inclined to believe it, as the default location of the cursor is still in Gatineau, QC, where the original dealer is located. I dabbled around behind the glove-box, and looked under the speaker grille on top of the dash, as well as behind the head-unit, and everything seems in order. At a loss here. Any input would be great.

The second issue, probably not in the correct area of the forum, but I was wondering if I can get some insight. I have attached the Canadian brochure for the rig I have. https://ca.mazdacdn.com/common/cars/brochures/2015-mazda-cx-5-brochure-en.ts.1604062121598500.pdf

According to this, I would presumably have the Advanced Key-less Entry System with the remote start. However, I only have the standard fob, rather than the combo of standard and second (advanced) fob. I do, however, have what seems to be an aftermarket fob, with some sort of receiver. I do not have a picture at the moment, I will post when home. My question is this: What should I do in terms of looking for infrastructure already in the car that would be associated with the AKES (Reciever/Hood Switch/etc)? Would I just need to purchase a replacement fob, and have it coded to my VIN?

Thanks for any help!

Shane

>I figured I would start with the GPS, here in the audio/infotainment thread. When starting the GPS, it is always looking for a signal, but can never communicate with any satellites.

I think it is likely the GPS antenna issue.

Back