DIY dash colour change from Green to white - WIP

kirky1991

:
mazda 5 2006
Hi All new to this forum, recently got a Mazda 5 with DPF problem, Removed DPF, fitted panel filter and EGR blank and I removed DPF from ecu flash, along with EGR delete and Stage 2 remap!

Now i've got the thing on the road, I've been fiddling and have been changing all of the green lights to white! I hate green lights so this was a irritating thing for me!

This will be a WIP and i have done some already so wont be fully documented! I hope it sparks some interest with you guys!

I'll attach some photo's shortly!

Adding some extra diesel pollutants to 5the air with the DPF remove and no EGR?
Joining the ranks of VW group?

As i said i would put some pictures up!

I’ve only really got to do the speedo and the steering controls, but i need to redo some bits and pieces as i’m not hppy with them!

You can probably guess what i need to redo from the pictures!

I was debating on buying one of the new speedo’d where it’s already white etc but we’ll see!

I ordered a replacement speedo second hand off ebay, and have cloned my speedo eeprom to flash onto the new one. I did fit the new one but the fuel gauge was not working - when powered on bench it done need sweep but when plugged into car the fuel gauge doesn’t work, everything else does, went back to old speedo and that works fine! I have to go try emulate the fuel gauge on the bench with a resistor i believe between 0 and 90ohms. if that doesn’t work, i’ll see what seller says! would be a shame as it was only 15 and listed as fully working!

Just to note it’s the facelift sort of version where everything is already white which save me a lot of hassle!

Back