Turn off messages without turning off phone calls?

Johnny Danger

:
2014 CX-5 GT
Just picked up my 2014 GT this weekend. I had read before about people's many gripes with the infotainment system. Honestly, most of the complaints didn't concern me because I don't usually stream from my phone or use USB's for music. I use CD's like a caveman.

BUT, I was messing around with it in the driveway and realized that it could access text messages. However, it asks to download them, takes ages to actually do that, and then says it can't display them while driving. Which makes it more of an annoyance than anything. I still want to be able to receive calls, but would like to turn off the pop up for the messages. Is there any way to do this? From what I read, you can put it on "Do Not Disturb" but then you won't get calls.

If it’s an iPhone, go to settings, Bluetooth, then touch the little blue “I” logo at the side of Mazda. In there, turn of “allow notifications”.

Thanks! I actually have an android, but didn't think to check settings on the phone. Looks like I can turn off message access there and that should do it.

Back