Is My Throttle Body Buzzing Lounder and Longer?

:
2008 Mazda5 GT
The throttle body performs a full sweep, once the car is shut-off, to calibrate/align itself for the next start. Maybe its just me (I never paid mind to it) but it sounds like the buzzing servo is quite loud and long..? I have no idea what it was like before b/c I never paid attention to it but the level of noise caught my attention.

Can I someone check this and give some feedback? Open you hood and shut car off. Your TB will make buzzing noises but does it sound loud and long (relatively speaking) to you? Unfortunately I have no measuring stick to determine if something is amiss or not. Thanks in advance if someone can do this.

I'd say that I hear that more loudly and clearly on the 5 than in any other car I've ever driven. It takes longer to calibrate too I believe. It's coming from the throttle body and is normal as confirmed by others based on posts on various Mazda forums... unless yours takes a really long time or sounds very loud. Not sure how to objectively evaluate it but I bet you're fine.

Is that what that noise is? Good to know.
Notice it every time I get out of the car when I park in the garage.

I'd say that I hear that more loudly and clearly on the 5 than in any other car I've ever driven. It takes longer to calibrate too I believe. It's coming from the throttle body and is normal as confirmed by others based on posts on various Mazda forums... unless yours takes a really long time or sounds very loud. Not sure how to objectively evaluate it but I bet you're fine.
Thanks for the feedback. It sounds louder and longer than before for me to notice or I could be over thinking it...

Back