2013 audio upgrades to Bose system?

MMD3

:
2013 CX-5
I just bought a 2013 cx-5 with premium audio and I'm looking at replacing the infotainment system with a deck with Android auto/apple carplay. I'm looking at either the Sony xav-ax100 or ax200 (assuming the improvements when announced warrant the price difference).

I'm wondering if there are any other improvements to audio I can make if I want the system to sound even better than it currently does. Can anybody that has updated the Bose system comment on if it's worth it to change out any of the speakers or add an amp to the existing speakers? I'm not looking for anything that would require a box in the back because I hate having to wrestle with sub boxes when I want to haul things around.

Thanks for any help.

Not everything is sony/alpine....
Full android system. Additionally a carplay module is available for 100usd
All the system settings can be configurable as well as the stock head unit (lights/doors...)
d2adfa951d26871a00bb145a39247a2d.jpg

Not everything is sony/alpine....
Full android system. Additionally a carplay module is available for 100usd
All the system settings can be configurable as well as the stock head unit (lights/doors...)
d2adfa951d26871a00bb145a39247a2d.jpg

Nice, what unit it this? Is it easy to install?

Nice, what unit it this? Is it easy to install?
Plug and play
Dasaita 10.2 "Android 6.0 Del Coche Dvd GPS para Mazda CX-5 CX5 con Octa Core 2 GB de Ram Radio Auto Multimedia GPS NAVI 4G LTE
http://s.aliexpress.com/rA7FVz6B
(from AliExpress Android)
To retain stock lights/doors and stock camera & swc you need the can bus option
You must confirm that the can bus support Bose (my cx5 has not bose)

Plug and play
Dasaita 10.2 "Android 6.0 Del Coche Dvd GPS para Mazda CX-5 CX5 con Octa Core 2 GB de Ram Radio Auto Multimedia GPS NAVI 4G LTE
http://s.aliexpress.com/rA7FVz6B
(from AliExpress Android)
To retain stock lights/doors and stock camera & swc you need the can bus option
You must confirm that the can bus support Bose (my cx5 has not bose)

Awesome, thanks so much for the details.

I have a 2015 Mazda 6 but the interior is the same. Do you think it will fit?

So you have to take out the old computer and just replace it with the new one?

Thank you

I just bought a 2013 cx-5 with premium audio and I'm looking at replacing the infotainment system with a deck with Android auto/apple carplay. I'm looking at either the Sony xav-ax100 or ax200 (assuming the improvements when announced warrant the price difference).

I'm wondering if there are any other improvements to audio I can make if I want the system to sound even better than it currently does. Can anybody that has updated the Bose system comment on if it's worth it to change out any of the speakers or add an amp to the existing speakers? I'm not looking for anything that would require a box in the back because I hate having to wrestle with sub boxes when I want to haul things around.

Thanks for any help.

For the Bose system adding some Polk DB351's or other high quality 3.5" speakers in the corner dash locations really awaken the highs in the system since it lacks true stand alone tweeters. Unless you are going to rewire the entire car and replace all the speakers added an amplifier in line will be more trouble then it's worth. I did the Polk DB351's in the corners and also replaced the center speaker with an infinity Kappa Perfect midrange speaker and it is now much better.

For the Bose system adding some Polk DB351's or other high quality 3.5" speakers in the corner dash locations really awaken the highs in the system since it lacks true stand alone tweeters. Unless you are going to rewire the entire car and replace all the speakers added an amplifier in line will be more trouble then it's worth. I did the Polk DB351's in the corners and also replaced the center speaker with an infinity Kappa Perfect midrange speaker and it is now much better.

Thanks, this is helpful!

not really looking to put a 10" display in my dash or looking for anything that requires involved configuration for setup. Also not a big fan of the interface on that, it appears to be duplicating a bunch of menu items in hardware buttons & software buttons. Good to know it's out there as an option though.

Hey Ride92 - did you have any problems with the Infinity Kappa Perfect fitting in the center spot. I am looking at the Infinity Kappa Perfect 300 m but Crutchfield says it wont fit.

Thanks!

Stock number of the Infinity you placed in the center location? Pics and mounting/wiring info for the Polk DB351 tweeters?

Back