Is the "murdered" look of all black out dated?

:
Mazda CX5 Touring with PEP
I'm still on the fence for color for a 2017 Touring. I hate the grey wheels that come with the car. Will be putting different black wheels on.

The next consideration is grey. Have not seen one up close, pictures at least make the color look dull and lifeless.

Personally I prefer white on black, or lighter car on black wheels. I like to have some contrast lol Are you planning on getting super dark tint all around and blacking out all the chrome to give it the "murdered" look? If just getting black wheels on a grey car will look fine since you have chrome trims on the car for contrast. I used to like the blacked out look but I guess as I got older my taste changed. I feel having everything blacked out is kind of ghetto now.

If I go grey, at the very least I would do is black wheels and emblems on the rear. I don't do tint and I thought the front emblem housed some electronic sensors, so I would not mess with that. The chrome on the front and glass, would need to see how hard to plastidip those. Fortunately the car was not made with crazy amounts of chrome bits.

Murdered is out. It's all about pink candy cane stripes and Hello Kitty now.

I'm still on the fence for color for a 2017 Touring. I hate the grey wheels that come with the car. Will be putting different black wheels on.

The next consideration is grey. Have not seen one up close, pictures at least make the color look dull and lifeless.

As far as I'm concerned, the "murdered look" was DOA. But personally, I think the new grey 17" wheels are a vast improvement over the Gen I 17s. I got a quick look at a Machine Grey Touring as I rode by it on my bike the other day and it looked like the wheels matched the body color perfectly (or almost?), which I thought looked great!

The rims Mazda chooses for OEM equipment even the non GT 17 wheels are nice! With that being said, the murdered out look is decent and would look fine on a Mazda CX-5 but overrated. Id go with a more unique look thats clean but has some contrast.

Last edited:
The rims Mazda chooses for OEM equipment even the non GT 19” wheels are nice! With that being said, the murdered out look is decent and would look fine on a Mazda CX-5 but overrated. I’d go with a more unique look that’s clean but has some contrast.

There is only one 19" CX-5 rim. As usual, your post makes little or no sense.

Since we are talking about paint colours here is my liquid silver metallic Mazda 6.

2eg5eky.jpg

You may be worrying too much about what others think. It's your car and if you like the murdered look, go for it!

I am starting to see more and more of them in my area, usually Jeeps and trucks. forgot to mention, my MX5 is murdered ayt, which is part of the reason I am thinking going a different direction. I may not sell it after all. Starting to enjoy driving it again.

Why on earth did Mazda go with a name snowflake white?

I am starting to see more and more of them in my area, usually Jeeps and trucks. forgot to mention, my MX5 is murdered ayt, which is part of the reason I am thinking going a different direction. I may not sell it after all. Starting to enjoy driving it again.

Why on earth did Mazda go with a name snowflake white?

Because they're Japanese; same folks who named the original Datsun 240Z "Fairlady"!

As far as I'm concerned, the "murdered look" was DOA. But personally, I think the new grey 17" wheels are a vast improvement over the Gen I 17s. I got a quick look at a Machine Grey Touring as I rode by it on my bike the other day and it looked like the wheels matched the body color perfectly (or almost?), which I thought looked great!

The Machine Gray look great in person... color shifts with the light like the Soul Red Crystal does. I always tint the windows, but it's a necessity in Texas :) I'm not a fan of the all black look, but some personal touches on a Machine Gray GT would look great.

The rims Mazda chooses for OEM equipment even the non GT 17 wheels are nice! With that being said, the murdered out look is decent and would look fine on a Mazda CX-5 but overrated. Id go with a more unique look thats clean but has some contrast.

You guys be the judgeIMG_7833.JPGIMG_7834.JPG

BTW how do you attach a full size image.

Nice, that looks very good. I would tint the windows 20% all around and also black out the Mazda badge next, like this:

sy42fk.jpg

To attach a full size image, go to tinypic.com, convert the image and then copy the link onto here that specifies for forums and message boards

Do you also have a pic of the rear of your car?

2czf3tf.jpg

Last edited:
lol this guy. (hand)

Go Advanced -> Manage Attachments -> Add Files. Then find the pic on your computer, upload it and wrap the attached image in

Attachments

• CGT3.jpg
    CGT3.jpg
    163.6 KB · Views: 506
There's the attached pic in my previous post. Now click on it, copy the code in the address bar, wrap that in tags and...BAM!
[IMG]https://www.mazdas247.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=217604&d=1508267815

No need for outside hosting.

Last edited:
There's the attached pic in my previous post. Now click on it, copy the code in the address bar, wrap that in [IMG} tags and...BAM!
attachment.php

No need for outside hosting.

Eh, either or works fine. I dont see the issue here.

Thats a nice Beaten up corolla in the background. Love the paint finish!

Back