What stock Mazda rims will fit a 2006 Mazda 6 Wagon?

72Blazerod

:
2006 Mazda 6 Sport Wagon
Hi there,

I'm a newbie here, in fact I don't pick up my Mazda until next week. It's a top of the line 2006 Mazda 6 wagon that has stock 18" wheels. I'd like to get a nice used set of wheels for snow tires, but I hate the rusty 'steelie' look. I am wondering what other stock Mazda wheels would fit my wagon? Would wheels from Mazda 3s, or Mazda 5s, etc., fit this car or do they all have different back spacing? I'd like to find a set of 17" rims as snow tires will be a lot cheaper for me. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Cheers,

Rod

Would 18" RX-8 wheels with 225/45/18's fit? I currently have 215/45/18s. The tires will be a little wider, but will the RX-8 wheels backspacing fit my Mazda 6?

Thanks

You should be good with any of Mazda's 17" offerings as they all have high offsets. You might be able to get away with some 16" Mazda wheels too, only concern would be if they clear the brake calipers.

You initially said you wanted to buy a set for winter so your question about the RX-8 wheels confused me. For winter I'd run a size down. The wheel will be skinnier and thus you will have a narrower tire which is preferred.

Back