2.2 diesel head gasket?

Head gasket and no support

My Mazda 3 years 3months old with 85k miles on clock as a damaged head gasket and maybe cylinder block. Quoted 4.5k to fix and Mazda did not want to know even though full service history...seems a common problem when mileage is getting higher

HI,
I am suffering the same problem at 125000kms, in NZ. Arguing with Mazda at the moment and would love any information I could use to support my argument, such as copies of emails from Mazda telling you they're covering it, or anything you can let me have I can show them. They will say that just posts on these forums is internet babble and not provable. I am writing the CEO here in NZ to get a resolution. At present it is being repaired and probably going to cost around $5000

Thanks

Hugh Skyrme

Hi All,

Unfortunately I too have a blown head gasket on my 2013 diesel CX-5. Local mechanic who is servicing my car notice the coolant tank was near empty and coolant sprayed all over the engine bay. When the coolant tank is refilled up, we can see bubbling in the reservoir/

Further investigation and a chemical test later shows combustion gas in the coolant reservoir. There was no warning whatsoever on the dash and only reason we found out was that the car was due for its regular service.

Now Mazda is asking I take the car in for an investigation which will cost $250. It will be covered if job is under warranty.

To my fellow Cx-5 owner who had an issue, please do you mind sharing more information on how you secure a warranty claim/fix for this. Any information would be much appreciated.

Hi All,

Unfortunately I too have a blown head gasket on my 2013 diesel CX-5. Local mechanic who is servicing my car notice the coolant tank was near empty and coolant sprayed all over the engine bay. When the coolant tank is refilled up, we can see bubbling in the reservoir/

Further investigation and a chemical test later shows combustion gas in the coolant reservoir. There was no warning whatsoever on the dash and only reason we found out was that the car was due for its regular service.

Now Mazda is asking I take the car in for an investigation which will cost $250. It will be covered if job is under warranty.

To my fellow Cx-5 owner who had an issue, please do you mind sharing more information on how you secure a warranty claim/fix for this. Any information would be much appreciated.
I took the car to a Mazda dealer here in Norway and got the answer the head gasket was blown and they will fix it on warranty. About two weeks after I got the car back and it has been working like it should after.

Back