Your Best Source for Genuine Mazda Parts!
Your Best Source for Genuine Mazda Parts!
Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: CX-9 2016 third Row Seats.

  1. #1
    Registered Member

    Cx-9 2016

    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Perth Australia
    Posts
    4

    Cool CX-9 2016 third Row Seats.

    Hi Everyone
    Has anyone tried or considered removing the 3rd row seats? I'm considering this as an option to addressing the storage issue of the spare tyre and a full size wheel. Like some have already pointed out and asked the question of what to do with the full size wheel if you get a flat. Leaving it at the side of the road is not an option.
    Thanks in advance.

  2. #2
    Registered Member

    Mazda CX-9 Signature

    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    28
    If you're removing the third row because nobody is sitting there, then why not just fold it down and place the flat on top??

  3. #3
    Registered Member

    Cx-9 2016

    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Perth Australia
    Posts
    4

    Red face

    Quote Originally Posted by Silly Wabbit View Post
    If you're removing the third row because nobody is sitting there, then why not just fold it down and place the flat on top??
    Assuming Iím on a road trip around Australia then the
    Cargo space is already going to be fully utilised hence the storage problem.

  4. #4
    Registered Member JPL's Avatar

    2018 CX-9 Signature

    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    MA
    Posts
    467
    I would never do that just because you might get a flat tire someday with a full load. What I would suggest is if you're on a road trip, prepare for such a scenario. Pack rope/tie downs so that you could strap soft cargo to the roof so that the wheel could be loaded inside. Also keep in mind you'll have the spare well to put other objects. And if this has to be a temporary fix you could find a nearby shipping store and ship the wheel back home.

  5. #5
    Registered Member Cessna CJ4's Avatar

    2017 CX-9 Signature (Sold), 2018 CX-9 Signature

    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    California
    Posts
    172
    Fold the third row down and enjoy how they add to the vehicle's overall interior quietness. Remove the third row and interior noise will go up - if you care.

    Ironically, we were just talking about the lack of a full size spare in this vehicle yesterday and how nice it would be to have one. We came to the conclusion that 'it is what it is' and decided to not think about it anymore.

  6. #6
    Registered Member

    Cx-9 2016

    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Perth Australia
    Posts
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by JPL View Post
    I would never do that just because you might get a flat tire someday with a full load. What I would suggest is if you're on a road trip, prepare for such a scenario. Pack rope/tie downs so that you could strap soft cargo to the roof so that the wheel could be loaded inside. Also keep in mind you'll have the spare well to put other objects. And if this has to be a temporary fix you could find a nearby shipping store and ship the wheel back home.
    Let me elaborate a little on my original question.
    The reason I want to know about the removal of the 3rd row seats is because I believe the floor for the 3rd row of seats restricts the storage of a full size spare. Thre way it is now that space is a snug fit for the "biscuit spare" as the spare slides under the ledge formed by the 3rd floor. If you have a CX-9 check it out and confirm what I'm trying to explain.
    As my question is only about the idea of removing the 3rd row and its floor any other discussion regarding what to do with the spare would be pointless.
    Thanks for trying to help anyway.
    Cheers

  7. #7
    Registered Member

    Cx-9 2016

    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Perth Australia
    Posts
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by Cessna CJ4 View Post
    Fold the third row down and enjoy how they add to the vehicle's overall interior quietness. Remove the third row and interior noise will go up - if you care.

    Ironically, we were just talking about the lack of a full size spare in this vehicle yesterday and how nice it would be to have one. We came to the conclusion that 'it is what it is' and decided to not think about it anymore.
    I would happily put up with the noise knowing I had a proper spare with me in case of emergency rather than the toy wheel supplied by Mazda. "it is what it is" attitude would have us still in the bronze age not driving a CX-9 with a major oversight for a car supposedly built for Australian conditions and distances.

Similar Threads

  1. 2016 Mazda 6 Grand Touring heated seats useless?
    By danijene85 in forum Mazda6 Lounge
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 12-12-2017, 03:24 PM
  2. 2016 CX-9 Child Seats
    By dozier68 in forum CX-9 Lounge
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 08-10-2016, 06:23 PM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-04-2016, 12:48 PM
  4. Replies: 35
    Last Post: 01-27-2012, 08:54 AM
  5. Replies: 18
    Last Post: 05-08-2008, 11:14 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •