Louder engine after oil change + 19" wheels

:
2017 CX5 GS, 2018 X3 xDrive30i, 2019 Tesla Model 3
My wife has 2014 cx5 GT AWD.
She had been driving it for about 30k miles on a set of 17 inch wheels after her oem 19" tires wore out.
i had the engine oil changed and got new tires for 19" wheels yesterday.
And the car engine/exhaust sounds noticeably louder.
Any ideas?

My wife has 2014 cx5 GT AWD.
She had been driving it for about 30k miles on a set of 17 inch wheels after her oem 19" tires wore out.
i had the engine oil changed and got new tires for 19" wheels yesterday.
And the car engine/exhaust sounds noticeably louder.
Any ideas?

Most likely your new tires are quieter than the old ones, so you notice the engine note/exhaust more.

Check your oil level to make sure it's not over/under filled and check the paperwork to make sure 0W20 oil was used.

Drop everything you do and check your oil level on the dipstick. They might have forgotten to put oil in it. Don't ask me how I know. Been in the industry for a while..

When I got home after work, I popped the hood of my wife's cx5 GT and guess what I found!
The idiots forgot to close the airfilter housing!!!!
I fixed it.

Thanks.

Post the shop/dealer on here so people know not to go to those idiots. Jesus

Air filter condition check, routine thing, a part of the complimentary vehicle inspection. That's how these filters are mostly sold. The guy took the cover off and got distracted.
This still beats no oil in engine, or loose lug nuts, hence the OP got it easy!
Awful, no matter how you look at it, however.

When I got home after work, I popped the hood of my wife's cx5 GT and guess what I found!
The idiots forgot to close the airfilter housing!!!!
I fixed it.

Thanks.
UGH! This happened to me the 1 time I had to go to a Jiffy Lube quick oil change on my 2000 626 V-6.

They tried to sell me an air filter, I said no, and they never snapped the air filter housing back on. My driving that immediately followed, just so happened to be 5000 miles of the dirtiest, dusty, and gravely roads I have ever driven on. I eventually heard the louder noise like you did, discovered the problem, and then realized that I had been driving without an air filter. I snapped it back together, however the damage had already been done, with all of the dirt, rocks, debris, etc., had been bypassing the air filter for a so many miles. The motor burned oil badly after all of that abuse, and soon had to have the car replaced with another.

UGH! This happened to me the 1 time I had to go to a Jiffy Lube quick oil change on my 2000 626 V-6.

They tried to sell me an air filter, I said no, and they never snapped the air filter housing back on. My driving that immediately followed, just so happened to be 5000 miles of the dirtiest, dusty, and gravely roads I have ever driven on. I eventually heard the louder noise like you did, discovered the problem, and then realized that I had been driving without an air filter. I snapped it back together, however the damage had already been done, with all of the dirt, rocks, debris, etc., had been bypassing the air filter for a so many miles. The motor burned oil badly after all of that abuse, and soon had to have the car replaced with another.

That really sucks. I did Jiffy Lube for years when I was younger. I was mostly lucky, but they did destroy my air box by over torqueing the screws. The embedded nut stripped out of its plastic seating and spun. It was serious pain to get that box out to put in the used replacement. I've been changing my own oil, and everything else since.

There is no reason to open the air box every 3000 miles, as Jiffy Lube wants to do.

Id rather change the oil myself then have a bunch of monkeys screwing around with my airbox for no reason..

Back