2017~2024 Tire Suggestions for 2017 model

Lan1888

:
Mazda CX-5 2017 2.5L Petrol
Hi everyone, new to the forum here but have been lurking since I got my CX-5 last month.

I have a question regarding aftermarket tires. Currently, my CX-5 came fitted with Toyo Proxes R36 (225/55 R19). I have been pleasantly satisfied with it's performance (albeit a little noisy on highway driving) until I encountered heavy rain a few days back.

Every time I drove through a puddle on the highway (around 70 - 100 km/h), the response of how the car handled made me slightly uncomfortable where I had to slow down.

I came across this website (https://tirereviewsandmore.com/best...and wet. Appreciate any thoughts and advice!

Hi everyone, new to the forum here but have been lurking since I got my CX-5 last month.

I have a question regarding aftermarket tires. Currently, my CX-5 came fitted with Toyo Proxes R36 (225/55 R19). I have been pleasantly satisfied with it's performance (albeit a little noisy on highway driving) until I encountered heavy rain a few days back.

Every time I drove through a puddle on the highway (around 70 - 100 km/h), the response of how the car handled made me slightly uncomfortable where I had to slow down.

I came across this website (https://tirereviewsandmore.com/best...rison Table for CX-5 GT - Many to Choose From

OE tire for 2017 CX-5 GT in the US is Toyo A36 225/55R19 tire with UTQG 300 A A which is similar to your Toyo Proxes R36. Personally I prefer General AltiMAX RT43 but in your country you may be able to find similar Continental TrueContact for the size. Before you decide to spend big money replacing your Toyo tires, check your tire pressure making sure theyre in recommended range which is 35 psi in the US and 36 psi in Mexico. And driving through a puddle on the highway seems to me we all need to slow down a bit even if we have the best tires on the vehicle.

Thanks for the replies and the links.

yrwei52,
Any reason you prefer the General AltiMAX RT43? And yeah, I definitely agree with the fact I should be slowing anyway. It's just that the previous car I drove handled water way better so it was a bit of a 'whoa' moment at the time.

Thanks for the replies and the links.

yrwei52,
Any reason you prefer the General AltiMAX RT43? And yeah, I definitely agree with the fact I should be slowing anyway. It's just that the previous car I drove handled water way better so it was a bit of a 'whoa' moment at the time.
I have General AltiMAX RT43 on my 1998 Honda CR-V right now and its the best set of tires ever Ive used for that vehicle. Several forum members have used RT43 on their CX-5 and they seem all like it. Tire Rack consumer surveys are also support it and rated #4 overall among 43 Grand Touring tires. To me General AltiMAX RT43 is the best bang for the buck as the price is the lowest among all major brands. Hydroplaning resistance on RT43 is rated as excellent at 86 from consumer survey. You can read consumer surveys and reviews at Tire Rack website for the tire youre interested.

Again, although its inconvenient to check tire pressure in certain Asian countries, but make sure to find a way checking your tire pressure first as tires are just too expensive there! :)

Back