2016+ & MRCC and Stop & Go

:
2016 Mazda CX-9 Grand Touring
I was a little surprised when a coworker with a new CX-5 said his MRCC has stop & go. I know the CX-5 has features the CX-9 didn't but I didn't think that was one of them.

Is it hardware (front parking sensors?) the CX-9 is missing that prevents it from getting Stop&Go I wonder?

Nothing to do with front parking sensors. Here is how it works:

It can only be added at the factory

Nothing to do with front parking sensors. Here is how it works:

It can only be added at the factory

I have MRCC, but in the states the CX-9 doesn't support "Stop & go" - the system only works down to 10 (??) mph. However, it apparently works (down to 0) on the CX-5. That was my question - why is it different on the CX-5? Is the hardware different?

I have MRCC, but in the states the CX-9 doesn't support "Stop & go" - the system only works down to 10 (??) mph. However, it apparently works (down to 0) on the CX-5. That was my question - why is it different on the CX-5? Is the hardware different?

My bad, I misunderstood what you said

It's different technology. The CX-5 has the update which is "stop & go"

It also has to do with when the technology is introduced - has to be introduced first to a model and the CX-5 over there is the first model to get it.

In Australia our cx9 azami has it. Works great in peak hour.

It is definitely software related if you have the radar sensor in your trim level already

In Australia our cx9 azami has it. Works great in peak hour.

It is definitely software related if you have the radar sensor in your trim level already

First model to have it here if I am not mistaken (scratch)

So I say, somewhat rhetorically, that if the stop&go function is not related to additional hardware, then a software patch should enable it? I was thinking there was some legal or safety issue that prevented them from turning it on in the states, but if the CX-5 has it ....

Great function! (wow) Is it possible to add front parking sensor and update the system on CX-9?

Won't help as the video above points out it's the sensors behind the Mazda logo that do the work.

Won't help as the video above points out it's the sensors behind the Mazda logo that do the work.

Maybe the radar cruise control is necessary for above a certain speed, but the front parking sensors are needed to guarantee the car will stop at the right distance when stopping? Pure speculation, but that difference (parking sensors) separates the CX-5 and CX-9 and maybe not coincidentally, stop & go.

Ultimately, I was hoping a software update will enable stop & go for the CX-9. I'll just continue to hope.

Maybe the radar cruise control is necessary for above a certain speed, but the front parking sensors are needed to guarantee the car will stop at the right distance when stopping? Pure speculation, but that difference (parking sensors) separates the CX-5 and CX-9 and maybe not coincidentally, stop & go.

Ultimately, I was hoping a software update will enable stop & go for the CX-9. I'll just continue to hope.
Sensors/camera behind the rear vision mirror are used to stop it as per Smart City Brake Support/Smart Brake Support

Back