Navigation screen issues..

husker3in4

:
2016.5 CX-5 Touring
Ok, so not really issues, but some annoying things I am hoping some of you can help me with. I have a 2016 CX-5, Everything works fine with the screen, but I have 2 issues: Is there a way to turn off the warning that pops up every time I start the car? Something like "using the screen while driving is dangerous" blah blah. It was cool the first couple days I had the car, but 6 months later, I am tired of seeing it, especially if I want to change something on the screen and have to wait however long to get rid of it. Issue 2: alot of times once I start the car, after the annoying warning screen goes away, it automatically loads the home screen with the Communication icon in the center. I want it to auto load the radio or usb or whatever was last playing. Is there a way to do this?

Ok, so not really issues, but some annoying things I am hoping some of you can help me with. I have a 2016 CX-5, Everything works fine with the screen, but I have 2 issues: Is there a way to turn off the warning that pops up every time I start the car? Something like "using the screen while driving is dangerous" blah blah. It was cool the first couple days I had the car, but 6 months later, I am tired of seeing it, especially if I want to change something on the screen and have to wait however long to get rid of it.

No.

Issue 2: alot of times once I start the car, after the annoying warning screen goes away, it automatically loads the home screen with the Communication icon in the center. I want it to auto load the radio or usb or whatever was last playing. Is there a way to do this?

It should remember your last screen. About 90-95% of the time, mine remembers what screen I had last.

Maybe get a firmware update done next time you get it serviced and that might improve things.

Ok, so not really issues, but some annoying things I am hoping some of you can help me with. I have a 2016 CX-5, Everything works fine with the screen, but I have 2 issues: Is there a way to turn off the warning that pops up every time I start the car? Something like "using the screen while driving is dangerous" blah blah. It was cool the first couple days I had the car, but 6 months later, I am tired of seeing it, especially if I want to change something on the screen and have to wait however long to get rid of it. Issue 2: alot of times once I start the car, after the annoying warning screen goes away, it automatically loads the home screen with the Communication icon in the center. I want it to auto load the radio or usb or whatever was last playing. Is there a way to do this?

1. Anything is possible. It depends on how much effort you are willing to spend.
There are hackers who show people how to get into the software and modify the setting. The default is 5 secs for the legal warning.
You can set it to 0. It will go away in a flash. You can even change the backdrop.... etc.

2. The problem you describe is called "bug". Many early versions have various problems.
All my 3 Mazdas have v.59 now. It is the best I got so far.....
Bring your vehicle to dealer and ask for an update. (should be free within warranty)

Back