Black trim around the center shifter scratchs

:
CX9 2017
hey all ,
I'm sure we all love the black trim around the shifter while its new, although it stays new for 2 weeks. then suddenly u realize when the sun hits that it is all scratched. is there a polish or something that might help to get rid of the swirls or scratches. ???. if not .. someone knows the replacement code or where can I buy a new one? its really spoiling the new looks of the car .

hey all ,
I'm sure we all love the black trim around the shifter while its new, although it stays new for 2 weeks. then suddenly u realize when the sun hits that it is all scratched. is there a polish or something that might help to get rid of the swirls or scratches. ???. if not .. someone knows the replacement code or where can I buy a new one? its really spoiling the new looks of the car .

I have great luck with Meguiars Ultimate Polish, it will polish and remove the existing swirls. Their next step up with harsher grit product is called Ultimate Compound but it might be too harsh for the shifter plate. Try the Ultimate Polish on any loose black glossy plastic first before you try it on your Mazda.

The Ultimate Polish is soft enough for the glossy black plastic shifter plate. Use a brand new soft microfiber towel, you don't want to introduce any more new scratches with an old towel with possible abrasive particles stuck in the old towel.

Last edited:
Back