Manufacturing of CX-5?

ncage

:
Toyota Prius
Hi everyone I looked at a 2017 CX-5 Touring Base today (red with black interior). Absolutely loved it. They said with the deal we negotiated i could have get me the preferred package for $800. I think thats a heck of a deal and am considering it. They will have to get the car from a different dealership if i decide to do it. I know this is a REALLY wierd concern but i checked the sticker and everything was manufactored & assembled in Japan and i prefer to keep it this way. Is there any chance if i get another car it could be made elsewhere? I would assume that if one was made in Japan all of them would be made in Japan. I would appreciate a fast answer because i want to do this deal tomorrow.

thanks....

Cx5 is made in Japan only. Some other mazdas are hencho in Mexico.

Isn't there plans to build it in other countries, China I thought?

Isn't there plans to build it in other countries, China I thought?

Generation 1 Assembly Plants:
Japan: Hiroshima (Ujina Plant No.2)
China: Nanjing
Malaysia: Kulim (Inokom)
Russia: Vladivostok

Generation 2 Assembly plants:
Japan: Hiroshima (Ujina Plant No.2)
Japan: Hōfu (Hofu Plant)
Malaysia: Kulim (Inokom)

Thanks guys, I appreciate the quick answer. I think i am going to pick it up today (well if i go with the preferred package then they will have to order it) . I absolutely love the car. I also was thinking about going with a Rav4 Hybrid (i'm coming from a toyota prius) but after test driving the cx-5 there is absolutely no competition. When you floored the rav4 it sounded really bad. Mazda sounded like a "real" engine should... I took both cars on a day that was really windy. Going 80 you could really hear the wind noise in the Rav4 while the cx-5 was very quite. I also could feel the wind gust with the Rav4 while the cx-5 i could barely tell.

Manufactoring of CX-5?

Hi everyone I looked at a 2017 CX-5 Touring Base today (red with black interior). Absolutely loved it. They said with the deal we negotiated i could have get me the preferred package for $800. I think thats a heck of a deal and am considering it. They will have to get the car from a different dealership if i decide to do it. I know this is a REALLY wierd concern but i checked the sticker and everything was manufactored & assembled in Japan and i prefer to keep it this way. Is there any chance if i get another car it could be made elsewhere? I would assume that if one was made in Japan all of them would be made in Japan. I would appreciate a fast answer because i want to do this deal tomorrow.

thanks....
MSRP for Touring Preferred Equipment Package is only $780, $800 is overpriced! ;)

Make sure to get Touring Preferred Equipment Package as its a steal for only $780! If youre not in a hurry, you can always ask your dealer order one you want from Mazdas port of entry such as in Long Beach LA. It may take 1~3 weeks depending on the availability. Or you want to make sure the new CX-5 from another dealer wont rack up too many highway miles. Or you can ask them to truck in the CX-5 from another dealer with additional fee.

My wife's 3 is hecho en Mexico and it is better assembled than my Hiroshima CX-5.

The general consensus was that the Japanese made 3 was of better quality than the Mexican made 3. Most all 2.5l are made in Japan and certain 2.0l as well. People look for the Japanese 2.0L.

The general consensus was that the Japanese made 3 was of better quality than the Mexican made 3. Most all 2.5l are made in Japan and certain 2.0l as well. People look for the Japanese 2.0L.
Are you talking about 2.0 and 2.5 engines or vehicles? Because my guess is that all drivetrain components for 3s are made in Japan and shipped to Mexico for final assembly.

Are you talking about 2.0 and 2.5 engines or vehicles? Because my guess is that all drivetrain components for 3s are made in Japan and shipped to Mexico for final assembly.

If they don't have an engine plant in Mexico then yes you are indeed correct.

The Mexico final assembly plant is relatively new and engine or transmission manufacturing generally is the last thing they implement at a new facility.

Just a general comment re: manufacturing vs. assembly.
Most if not all of a vehicles components/parts are manufactured separately (off site) from an assembly plant.
They call them assembly plants for a reason. That is just the place where all of the manufactured pieces are put together to make a finished car.

I suspect (it's just a guess though), that most, if not all, of the parts used to assemble a Mazda in Mexico come from the same manufacturer as those parts used in a Japanese assembly plant.
They are not going to source identical parts and components from two different companies or manufacturers just because the assembly plant is in a different country.
That wouldn't make economic sense.
I'm pretty sure you can buy a Mazda assembled in either country with complete confidence.

Just a general comment re: manufacturing vs. assembly.
Most if not all of a vehicles components/parts are manufactured separately (off site) from an assembly plant.
They call them assembly plants for a reason. That is just the place where all of the manufactured pieces are put together to make a finished car.

I suspect (it's just a guess though), that most, if not all, of the parts used to assemble a Mazda in Mexico come from the same manufacturer as those parts used in a Japanese assembly plant.
They are not going to source identical parts and components from two different companies or manufacturers just because the assembly plant is in a different country.
That wouldn't make economic sense.
I'm pretty sure you can buy a Mazda assembled in either country with complete confidence.
Agree totally. Quality is a "management decision" which generally doesn't vary from country to country. Although, that said, s*** does happen. Hopefully, they catch it before it gets on the boat or rail car!

The only car I owned that had a problem due to poor assembly was my CX9, which was made in Japan.....
Most issues I had were vehicles have been failures or defects with parts.

The only car I owned that had a problem due to poor assembly was my CX9, which was made in Japan.....
Most issues I had were vehicles have been failures or defects with parts.
What, like a fender fell off or something?(wink)

Where is this "General consensus"?

All I know is her vehicle is more tightly assembled than mine with less rattles and NVH.

Back